Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin takes 20-40 minutes to load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

AngryHippo

Why is it taking this long? I am not sure if it's my computer or Dolphin but everything else on my computer starts up fine so I don't really get it... I also recall using Dolphin before on this computer and it starting up fine... Anybody here might know how to speed up the startup?

Windows 7
i7 920
gtx 285
6GB RAM
in which folder are your isos? maybe he is crawling them recursivly into the deep hells Big Grin

AngryHippo

Nah. The location of the ISOs isn't the problem. I have tried multiple builds too and they all have the same problem. It gets pretty aggravating because I know it worked fine before and you would think a different build or restarting your computer multiple times would at least make it SOMEWHAT better... The problem is just so random and I am guessing nobody else has it...

Oh well maybe it will work itself out by itself or maybe I will have to defrag my computer...
(08-31-2011, 04:33 PM)AngryHippo Wrote: [ -> ]Nah. The location of the ISOs isn't the problem. I have tried multiple builds too and they all have the same problem. It gets pretty aggravating because I know it worked fine before and you would think a different build or restarting your computer multiple times would at least make it SOMEWHAT better... The problem is just so random and I am guessing nobody else has it...

Oh well maybe it will work itself out by itself or maybe I will have to defrag my computer...

Any processus on your CPU that could make it creep?
post your dolphin.ini file

AngryHippo

(09-01-2011, 03:06 AM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]post your dolphin.ini file

Here is what is in the file... and nothing is making my CPU creep. Everything is running normally and even Dolphin runs normally once it finally starts up. I set the priority to it's process to "High" but it doesn't seem to be making a difference.

I wonder if I could get it to start up normally in safe mode or something..