Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Checking if these specs are good.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

uksix

Hi, well i know how to set up emulators like N64, PS2, DC ect. dolphin runs good apart from the 20fps due to poor GHz. So im going to get a new pc. but before i just go out and buy one, i want to check them. Heres ones i have found.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/p...tegory_oid=
ACER Aspire M1641 / E7300 - Dual-Core Business PC with 3GB memory
Processor Type - Intel. Core 2 Duo E7300
Processor speed - 2.66
RAM Memory - 3072 MB
Graphics - NVIDIA. GeForce 7050
Cost - £329.97

Them are the main specs from that pc, im also want to know if this is alright, or not good enough, wouldnt you mind postin the PC modle name.

Thanks

uksix
good enough for what ?

n64 -> no problem

ps2/gc/wii-> some games will run ok, but definatly not all.

but well, there is no stock pc that will run all games on dolphin fast enough, not even fancy overclocked ones do that...

So this really depends on what you want to play and how many you want to spend.

this may sound a bit harsh, but i dont want you to think, you buy a new pc and all is fine.

uksix

well its mostly WWE Wrestlemania 18,19 and eventuallyDOR1&2 if these ever get working, because the guys at thenomercyzone has it emulated at 60fps.Also my current pc is fine appart from that its only 1.80GHz and it runs at 20fps. i also want a new one for other gaming like cod, fifa ect. But i just want to know if the specs will work fine, or what modle is yours.
for other games like cod, that graphics card is crap, as there is no at all.

just a poor, old integretad chip. You wont have fun with that at pc games.

Quote:Also my current pc is fine appart from that its only 1.80GHz and it runs at 20fps

i dont know which cpu you got, so its hard so say.

but you can imagine that you need 3 times the performance of now to get 60fps.

And that is very unlikely to happen unless its some old P4 or A64 singlecore.

Quote:because the guys at thenomercyzone has it emulated at 60fps

dont always trust in what other say how it runs.

If you read through this forums, you will often read that people claiming a game is running "full speed" and they only got 25fps on a 60fps game or stuff like that.

i got a core 2 duo with 3ghz myself, but many games dont run perfect.

just dont await wonders.
Get this computer and buy a separated Ati 4770 , they're cheap!

All your games will run great ^^(I mean as long as Dolphin can handle them)
This is not very good. For a bit more than that you could get one like mine if your built it yourself.

Custom built always beats pre-built, so build your own if you think you can.
(06-11-2009, 05:52 PM)Dartht33bagger Wrote: [ -> ]This is not very good. For a bit more than that you could get one like mine if your built it yourself.

Custom built always beats pre-built, so build your own if you think you can.

Do you really think he would ask wether his computer is good or not if he could build it himself ?

Come on , he just want to buy a computer , ok its not that great , but If you want help him why dont you give him a link for a good prebuild Computer instezad of telling him to make one !

That is why i told him to buy a new graphic card (just need to plug it in , and install a driver ^^)
You will struggle with the graphics card. 7050 is very poor - barely qualifies as a gpu to be honest. It will be playable but you'll see a significant improvement if you aim a bit higher. I had a 7300gs which is slightly better and when I moved to a newer card it made a big difference. Just being able to run at higher resolutions with AA and stuff.

It would be worthwhile to spend a bit of time getting to know a bit about hardware specs - basically everything else will be fine, but you'll want a better graphics card. I'd say don't get an external - for the money just buy one with a decent built-in card. It'll probably be cheaper.