Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help!! general help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Gambino21

Hello, I´m from Portugal and I´ve been using your emulator for almost a month and let me thank the creators for all the hard work, but what brings me here is that I´ve been around this forum for a while but still I can´t find a solution for some problems (maybe compatibility problems). But first, I tried many games and then decided to come around and write this thread asking for your help.
First of all, I´m using Dolphin on a Portable Computer, an HP Pavilion dv5 with Intel ® Core™2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz, 4GB RAM memory and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 with 1024mb DDR3. I´ve bought the original Wiimote with motion plus, the nunchuk, a wireless sensor bar that works perfectly and the bluetooth is from Trust and also works fine.
So, my first question is: Is my computer good enough to run the Dolphin emulator? My experience tell me that for some games it is, for others it´s not... But still doesn´t make much sense because sometimes I can run a game with better graphics than one with worse graphics (hope you can understand me...) I´ve been taking a look at the FPS, and some games vary between 20 and 40... but some games have a 50 to 60 fps but still have some problems... Tried changing some of the settings trying to make the games faster but in some i got no effect and in others the game experience got worse... I´ll explain below... Oh and I´m using Dolphin r7716M...
So, hoping you can help me to understand where all these problems come, I´ll arrange the games and the problems in a list here hoping that you can help me:
1- Arcade Zone: Unknown pointer 0xffffff Continue? (this keeps showing during the game);
2-Bootcamp Academy: after 10 to 15min playing it says that the remote is not connected;
3-Calling: no problem whatsoever;
4-Crazy Machines: no problem whatsoever;
5-Deca Sports: no problem whatsoever;
6- Epic Mickey: game doesn´t run at all FPS:0 doesn´t change;
7- Donkey kong Country returns: game a bit slow... when disabling EFB copies, game gets faster but objects stop...;
8- Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo: It doesn´t connect the remote;
9-Family Party: no problem whatsoever;
10- Just Dance: The song, the movements of the character and what you have to repeat aren´t sincronized at all... FPS is 50...
11- Just Dance 2: Works perfectly, which makes Just Dance problem even more intriguing;
12- Just Dance 2 Extra songs: remote stops working during game... (!!!!)
13- Link´s Training: no problem whatsoever;
14- Madden NFL10: Freezes on main menu after pressing start;
15- Man Vs Wild: no problem whatsoever;
16- Mario & Sonic at the Olympics: Unknown pointer 0x20000000. Continue? if I say yes it goes on to Unknown pointer 0x200002a0 and on and on;
17- Mario Kart Wii: no problem whatsoever;
18- Mario Party 8: no problem whatsoever;
19- Mario Sports Mix: no problem whatsoever;
20- Mario Strikers Charged Football: Once in the menu the remote is not connected anymore;
21- New Carnival Games: no problem whatsoever;
22- New Super Mario Bros: games is really slow if EFB copies are enabled... bellow 20fps If I disable them game goes 50 to 60 fps... but objects later become darker or even invisible...;
23- No more heroes: no problem whatsoever;
24- Power Punch: no problem whatsoever;
25-Rayman Raving Rabbids 2: no problem whatsoever;
26- Red Steel 2: game runs slow sometimes...;
27- Smash Bros. Brawl: no problem whatsoever;
28- Sonic Colors: game runs slow sometimes but once I change the EFB copies, it runs a bit faster, almost 35fps;
29- Sonic Unleashed: same as above, altough this game runs faster;
30- Sports Island 3: once I try to play a sport, the game blocks and the emulator closes. the fps is always 50fps;
31- Super Mario Galaxy 2: no problem whatsoever, but a bit slow....;
32- Super Paper Mario: no problem whatsoever;
33- Resident Evil The darkside chronicles: a bit slow;
34- The House of the dead: game runs fine, but during the video, sound and image aren´t sinchronized;
35- Wario Land The shake world: no problem whatsoever;
36- Wario Ware: no problem whatsoever;
37- Wii Party: no problem whatsoever;
38- Wii Sports Resort: no problem whatsoever;
39- Wipeout: game freezes and exits after menu.

My CONFIG are:
enable dual core
enable idle skipping
enable cheats
framelimit: Auto
JIT Recompiler
Use Panic Handlers
DSP HLE emulation
Enable DTK Music
Enable Audio Throttle
Use WuRGB60 Mode (PAL60)

My Graphics settings are:
Backend: Direct3D9
Display:800X600
Stretch to Window
Show FPS
Render to Main Window
Internal Resolution: Auto (multiple of 640X528)
Anti-aliasing: none
Anisotropic filtering: 1x
Ignore Format changes
EFB copies: as said above, it varies
External Frame buffer: Virtual
Cache display lists
Disable fog
Disable per-pixel depth
OpenCL Texture Decoder

Ok, that´s it... Sorry if the looks huge but really need help....
Well, so far these are the ones I tried... So can anyone of you help me please?
Thanks in advance
Good playing! =)
(08-29-2011, 11:13 PM)Gambino21 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I´m from Portugal and I´ve been using your emulator for almost a month and let me thank the creators for all the hard work, but what brings me here is that I´ve been around this forum for a while but still I can´t find a solution for some problems (maybe compatibility problems). But first, I tried many games and then decided to come around and write this thread asking for your help.
First of all, I´m using Dolphin on a Portable Computer, an HP Pavilion dv5 with Intel ® Core™2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz, 4GB RAM memory and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 with 1024mb DDR3. I´ve bought the original Wiimote with motion plus, the nunchuk, a wireless sensor bar that works perfectly and the bluetooth is from Trust and also works fine.
So, my first question is: Is my computer good enough to run the Dolphin emulator? My experience tell me that for some games it is, for others it´s not... But still doesn´t make much sense because sometimes I can run a game with better graphics than one with worse graphics (hope you can understand me...) I´ve been taking a look at the FPS, and some games vary between 20 and 40... but some games have a 50 to 60 fps but still have some problems... Tried changing some of the settings trying to make the games faster but in some i got no effect and in others the game experience got worse... I´ll explain below... Oh and I´m using Dolphin r7716M...
So, hoping you can help me to understand where all these problems come, I´ll arrange the games and the problems in a list here hoping that you can help me:
1- Arcade Zone: Unknown pointer 0xffffff Continue? (this keeps showing during the game);
2-Bootcamp Academy: after 10 to 15min playing it says that the remote is not connected;
3-Calling: no problem whatsoever;
4-Crazy Machines: no problem whatsoever;
5-Deca Sports: no problem whatsoever;
6- Epic Mickey: game doesn´t run at all FPS:0 doesn´t change;
7- Donkey kong Country returns: game a bit slow... when disabling EFB copies, game gets faster but objects stop...;
8- Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo: It doesn´t connect the remote;
9-Family Party: no problem whatsoever;
10- Just Dance: The song, the movements of the character and what you have to repeat aren´t sincronized at all... FPS is 50...
11- Just Dance 2: Works perfectly, which makes Just Dance problem even more intriguing;
12- Just Dance 2 Extra songs: remote stops working during game... (!!!!)
13- Link´s Training: no problem whatsoever;
14- Madden NFL10: Freezes on main menu after pressing start;
15- Man Vs Wild: no problem whatsoever;
16- Mario & Sonic at the Olympics: Unknown pointer 0x20000000. Continue? if I say yes it goes on to Unknown pointer 0x200002a0 and on and on;
17- Mario Kart Wii: no problem whatsoever;
18- Mario Party 8: no problem whatsoever;
19- Mario Sports Mix: no problem whatsoever;
20- Mario Strikers Charged Football: Once in the menu the remote is not connected anymore;
21- New Carnival Games: no problem whatsoever;
22- New Super Mario Bros: games is really slow if EFB copies are enabled... bellow 20fps If I disable them game goes 50 to 60 fps... but objects later become darker or even invisible...;
23- No more heroes: no problem whatsoever;
24- Power Punch: no problem whatsoever;
25-Rayman Raving Rabbids 2: no problem whatsoever;
26- Red Steel 2: game runs slow sometimes...;
27- Smash Bros. Brawl: no problem whatsoever;
28- Sonic Colors: game runs slow sometimes but once I change the EFB copies, it runs a bit faster, almost 35fps;
29- Sonic Unleashed: same as above, altough this game runs faster;
30- Sports Island 3: once I try to play a sport, the game blocks and the emulator closes. the fps is always 50fps;
31- Super Mario Galaxy 2: no problem whatsoever, but a bit slow....;
32- Super Paper Mario: no problem whatsoever;
33- Resident Evil The darkside chronicles: a bit slow;
34- The House of the dead: game runs fine, but during the video, sound and image aren´t sinchronized;
35- Wario Land The shake world: no problem whatsoever;
36- Wario Ware: no problem whatsoever;
37- Wii Party: no problem whatsoever;
38- Wii Sports Resort: no problem whatsoever;
39- Wipeout: game freezes and exits after menu.

My CONFIG are:
enable dual core
enable idle skipping
enable cheats
framelimit: Auto
JIT Recompiler
Use Panic Handlers
DSP HLE emulation
Enable DTK Music
Enable Audio Throttle
Use WuRGB60 Mode (PAL60)

My Graphics settings are:
Backend: Direct3D9
Display:800X600
Stretch to Window
Show FPS
Render to Main Window
Internal Resolution: Auto (multiple of 640X528)
Anti-aliasing: none
Anisotropic filtering: 1x
Ignore Format changes
EFB copies: as said above, it varies
External Frame buffer: Virtual
Cache display lists
Disable fog
Disable per-pixel depth
OpenCL Texture Decoder

Ok, that´s it... Sorry if the looks huge but really need help....
Well, so far these are the ones I tried... So can anyone of you help me please?
Thanks in advance
Good playing! =)

Oh,gawd.You could at least make it a little bit clearer.

First off,the CPU is a bit weak.So you're gonna get slowdowns in some places.

Second off,LOL SHOVELWARE.(Sorry,had to say it)
Why don't you post only the games where you have problems, or at least separate them from the ones that don't?
Yeah, and lets not quote his long post anymore. Thanks.

Gambino21

I thought I was going to get some help around here... not someone says if the games suck or not... because, it´s not only me that plays here... I have a 8year old brother and also my sister and girlfriend play here so obviously there are games for every taste, but if I see that a game also doesn´t work for them, I have to try to figure out... About the post, it would be much easier for me to come here every time I found a problem in a game and post, but I though it would be much simpler this way... Oh and I posted the games that work so you could compare the performance change between some of them, but ooooooookkkkkkkk!!

Computer:
HP Pavilion dv5 with Intel ® Core™2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz
4GB RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 with 1024mb DDR3
Using Dolphin r7716M

List of NOT-WORKING games:
1- Arcade Zone: Unknown pointer 0xffffff Continue? (this keeps showing during the game)
2- Bootcamp Academy: after 10 to 15min playing it says that the remote is not connected
3- Epic Mickey: game doesn´t run at all FPS:0 doesn´t change
4- Donkey kong Country returns: game a bit slow... when disabling EFB copies, game gets faster but objects stop...;
5- Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo: It doesn´t connect the remote
6- Just Dance: The song, the movements of the character and what you have to repeat aren´t sincronized at all... FPS is 50...
7- Just Dance 2: Works perfectly, which makes Just Dance problem even more intriguing;
8- Just Dance 2 Extra songs: remote stops working during game... (!!!!)
9- Madden NFL10: Freezes on main menu after pressing start
10- Mario & Sonic at the Olympics: Unknown pointer 0x20000000. Continue? if I say yes it goes on to Unknown pointer 0x200002a0 and on and on
11- Mario Strikers Charged Football: Once in the menu the remote is not connected anymore
12- New Super Mario Bros: games is really slow if EFB copies are enabled... bellow 20fps If I disable them game goes 50 to 60 fps... but objects later become darker or even invisible...;
13- Red Steel 2: game runs slow sometimes...;
14- Sonic Colors: game runs slow sometimes but once I change the EFB copies, it runs a bit faster, almost 35fps
15- Sonic Unleashed: same as above, altough this game runs faster
16- Sports Island 3: once I try to play a sport, the game blocks and the emulator closes. the fps is always 50fps;
17- The House of the dead: game runs fine, but during the video, sound and image aren´t sinchronized;
18- Wipeout: game freezes and exits after menu.

There, I hope it´s much simpler and this way you can help me....
Thanks in advance
i'm too tired to fully contribute to this thread but i can tell you that your games that run slowly are due to your CPU speed, and also because it's a laptop with will overheat and further decrease performance

and i dont remember Wipeout being on GC or Wii...
Also: you could solve a lot of your problems simply by taking a look at our wiki or at the game discussion threads (preferribly both). We sure are willing to help you, but I don't see a point in commenting on each of your games when you could just look up the information by yourself.

Gambino21

Uhm, so what would you advise me besides buying a new PC?
Also, any other suggestions for the other games? like just dance for example?
(08-30-2011, 06:36 AM)Gambino21 Wrote: [ -> ]Uhm, so what would you advise me besides buying a new PC?

Your CPU is weak so you can't expect great performances but some games can work. For games with troubles you should look for separate threads about these games there will always be some nice guys to help you enjoy Big Grin

Gambino21

(08-30-2011, 06:35 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]Also: you could solve a lot of your problems simply by taking a look at our wiki or at the game discussion threads (preferribly both). We sure are willing to help you, but I don't see a point in commenting on each of your games when you could just look up the information by yourself.

I was just looking fot some guidance, and what you told me now was just what I was looking for because in this forum is just so much, I don´t know where to turn to... can you please tell me where´s your wiki?
(08-30-2011, 07:04 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2011, 06:36 AM)Gambino21 Wrote: [ -> ]Uhm, so what would you advise me besides buying a new PC?

Your CPU is weak so you can't expect great performances but some games can work. For games with troubles you should look for separate threads about these games there will always be some nice guys to help you enjoy Big Grin

Thanks =)
Pages: 1 2