Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Using Eclispe IDE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if it's possible to use the Eclipse IDE to build Dolphin, what OS's it is possible to do so on, if that is the case, and what would need to be done to make it possible if not.
Isn't Eclipse a Java-only IDE ? Dolphin isn't coded in Java.
(08-30-2011, 06:47 PM)DarzgL Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't Eclipse a Java-only IDE ? Dolphin isn't coded in Java.

I am aware that Dolphin isn't written in Java.

Eclipse also has a C/C++ IDE: Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
mh a good question...
but you still need the visual studio compiler
its like Eclipse for php or java
it can't execute the files without the compiler
(08-30-2011, 11:04 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]mh a good question...
but you still need the visual studio compiler
its like Eclipse for php or java
it can't execute the files without the compiler

According to the documentation, it uses make, not VS, to compile, and it seems like it comes with the IDE.
General opinion of the devs, including me:
If you want to use some fancy IDE or compiler other than msvc, we're fine with that, but you'll need to figure out how to do stuff with that by yourself.
(08-30-2011, 11:23 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]General opinion of the devs, including me:
If you want to use some fancy IDE or compiler other than msvc, we're fine with that, but you'll need to figure out how to do stuff with that by yourself.

That's a reasonable opinion.

I was asking specifically because Eclipse runs on all three OS's, so if the devs switched to using it, it would mean that the tools used for the project would be the same regardless of platform.

I thought that might be a good thing.
CMake runs on all three platforms as well Wink
I'm always told VS is way better than everything else. The Linux nerds can stick to using Emacs. Smile
KDevelop > MSVC
Just my 2c.
Pages: 1 2