Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Baten Kaitos (PAL) Magnus Collection Cards graphics corruption
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm playing with the PAL version of the game. Tested in Spanish and English Gamecube menu option in preferences. Tested with rev7716 and rev7719. Using x64 edition of Dolphin.

The Gathering->Magnus option shows some cards with the wrong picture/text in screen. Let's say, the constellation Magnus cards are all the same, like a stone, but when having a lot of items, this cards are changed by others. The same happens with bosses, npcs, etc... there are another pictures, not the real ones. The description/text of the Magnus card also changes.

This is happening also on the deck, where some Magnus cards change the real picture of the card by another... I have more than 200 in the Deck and more than 200 in the Collection (the max is 1000).

This is the first part of the gathering. Correct:
[Image: gkbpaf3.png]

One of the Constellations (correct image, bad description I think):
[Image: gkbpaf4.png]

This MUST be a Constellation (is another image and another description):
[Image: gkbpaf6.png]

This are Explosive. Correct description, bad image:
[Image: gkbpaf5.png]

Anyone having the same problem? I have a savegame.

Regards.
Did you try with 3.0 or why not older revisions?
(08-28-2011, 09:32 AM)LaZar0 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm playing with the PAL version of the game. Tested in Spanish and English Gamecube menu option in preferences. Tested with rev7716 and rev7719. Using x64 edition of Dolphin.

The Gathering->Magnus option shows some cards with the wrong picture/text in screen. Let's say, the constellation Magnus cards are all the same, like a stone, but when having a lot of items, this cards are changed by others. The same happens with bosses, npcs, etc... there are another pictures, not the real ones. The description/text of the Magnus card also changes.

This is happening also on the deck, where some Magnus cards change the real picture of the card by another... I have more than 200 in the Deck and more than 200 in the Collection (the max is 1000).

This is the first part of the gathering. Correct:
[Image: gkbpaf3.png]

One of the Constellations (correct image, bad description I think):
[Image: gkbpaf4.png]

This MUST be a Constellation (is another image and another description):
[Image: gkbpaf6.png]

This are Explosive. Correct description, bad image:
[Image: gkbpaf5.png]

Anyone having the same problem? I have a savegame.

Regards.
Ok, you're right, with 3.0 Release there are no problems in Gathering, all is working ok.

Must I use 3.0 for playing games? I can not use new revisions?
Yes 3.0 is the official release you should always use it first. Revisions are often "experimental" builds less stable but it's interesting (and useful sometimes Big Grin) to try them too. Some games work better with some revisions, some revisions can be faster, etc
Yes, now I'm playing with 3.0 Release and it slows (only a bit), special atacks/magic atacks for example. Revision is more faster. But anyway. Now I can play with the game seeing ok the cards

Thank you very much for your help.
Try r7676, is the last build I used to replay this, and it didn't have any extra bugs present that I was aware of, and the speed was perfect. That is, if your not happy with 3.0's speed.
Hi,

I can not find r7676 in old revisions... I want to test it because although I can see well the Magnus collection, playing the game in Dolphin 3.0 release have a lot of hangs when trying to sell items.

I have more than 250 Magnus, and when taking new pictures to monsters, and I want to sell them, going to shop and going at the end of the list of Magnus to select the cards, Dolphin 3.0 crashes/freezes very ofthen... Sad

Regards.

EDIT: Tested with rev7676... the problem with Gathering->Magnus is the same... Sad
(09-03-2011, 01:21 AM)LaZar0 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I can not find r7676 in old revisions... I want to test it because although I can see well the Magnus collection, playing the game in Dolphin 3.0 release have a lot of hangs when trying to sell items.

I have more than 250 Magnus, and when taking new pictures to monsters, and I want to sell them, going to shop and going at the end of the list of Magnus to select the cards, Dolphin 3.0 crashes/freezes very ofthen... Sad

Regards.

Try this site : emucr.com
(09-03-2011, 01:40 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2011, 01:21 AM)LaZar0 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Regards.

Try this site : emucr.com
Yeah, I've found a rev7676 in inet, but this not solves de Gathering->Magnus issue. Only Dolphin 3.0 Release works well with this, but has the freeze/hang problem selling Magnus in shops.

Thanks anyway.