Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Grainy sound in Wii games - is it normal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it normal or is there a problem on my side? Sound in games is really grainy - it has some kind of background noises. It's grainy even when the game easily runs full speed (Super Paper Mario). My GC games (Paper Mario TTYD, Metroid Prime, some others) don't seem to have this problem.

Revisions I experienced this with (the only ones I tried Wii games on) are 3089 and 3286. I'm using all default settings for the audio. Games I tried were Super Paper Mario, Mario Kart Wii, Dragon Quest Swords, Oboro Muramasa. All had the same somwhat low quality grainy sound. It's not unlistenable by any stretch, just slightly annoying.

Thanks!
Hmm, check your audio driver settings
>Hmm, check your audio driver settings
They're perfectly fine, really. So, sound in your emulated Wii games is allright? Maybe I'm using some kind of old plugin? Are the ones included in the releases on the Dolphin site always new?
I have two of games you said (Super Paper Mario and Mario Kart Wii) and sound works perfectly =/ And no, there are only plugins in the Dolphin, no external.
Thanks for the answer. Will be thinking of a fix, then.