Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Advice for a beginner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im just starting to learn to code and eventually want to do ds and psp homebrew and write or help write an emu. Can anyone give me any pointers? Books to read, apps to get, devkits to install, librarys. You know anything to point me in the right direction. Ive already written a simple unzip program for the ds so i have some knowledge. Hope yall dont mind this thread isnt exactly dolphin related. Thanks everyone
google yagcd, you will get it.
Thanks that does help but i was mainly refering to general help.
make sure your direct X is updated to the nov 2008 redist. a dual core processor is a plus if you want speed. a decent graphics card like geoforce or radieon to use opengl. if you want to use a wiimote make sure you have a bluetooth dongle and the likes of bluesolei or glovepie and a gamepad like the xbox360 pad

cmccmc

(03-29-2009, 02:25 AM)faceless79 Wrote: [ -> ]Im just starting to learn to code and eventually want to do ds and psp homebrew and write or help write an emu. Can anyone give me any pointers? Books to read, apps to get, devkits to install, librarys. You know anything to point me in the right direction. Ive already written a simple unzip program for the ds so i have some knowledge. Hope yall dont mind this thread isnt exactly dolphin related. Thanks everyone

(03-29-2009, 07:58 AM)Experiment T Wrote: [ -> ]make sure your direct X is updated to the nov 2008 redist. a dual core processor is a plus if you want speed. a decent graphics card like geoforce or radieon to use opengl. if you want to use a wiimote make sure you have a bluetooth dongle and the likes of bluesolei or glovepie and a gamepad like the xbox360 pad
Why did you post that in this thread?
Maybe he just read the topic tittle...
LOL, so random xD

i like the way how all people read is Advice for a Beginner, and automatically think its for using dolphin, not for making programs like dolphin xD
Actually my goal is to make an emu for linux and or pc (havent decided what system) and later a tg16 emu for the ds if possible.
And perhaps i should have been more specific in the tittle that was my mistake
Don't blame your title. People need to learn to read what you've typed. Advice for a beginner could have been for anything. He/she shoulda read what you needed in further detail before posting a useless suggestion.
Actually this forum is about Dolphin, so everyone may think that this thread is about Dolphin or how to run it correctly. Maybe he need to add "Question to developers" at the end.
Pages: 1 2