Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Difference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, my friend is using a packard bell with 4 gb of ram 2.5 ghz i3 (4cpus) with a ati radeon mobility hd 5470
He's running games MUCH smoother than I with my settings
2gb of ram , Intel HD graphics and an I7 processor with 2.13 ghz (4cpus)
Where lies the problem? I dont understand
ati radeon <-> intel hd graphics

Also: Your CPU is slower.
(08-26-2011, 09:20 AM)darkachraf Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, my friend is using a packard bell with 4 gb of ram 2.5 ghz i3 (4cpus) with a ati radeon mobility hd 5470

Hmm...I wonder Tongue
AMD graphics better for gaming than Intel, obviously.
Dolphin is all about your processor, the faster the speed, the faster your games and a good graphic card also goes a long way too
im guessing by the CPU speed of that i7 your also on a laptop and hes on a desktop right?
(08-26-2011, 11:18 PM)linkinworm Wrote: [ -> ]im guessing by the CPU speed of that i7 your also on a laptop and hes on a desktop right?

ATI Radeon Mobility
Are you comparing Integrated Graphics Processor (IGP) vs Dedicated Graphics ?
Common ! We all know IGP never win . Games speed lost 50%+ when i used Intel HD at native resolution : 640x480 (CPU clock speed go down due to high temp) comparing to my Nvidia
(08-26-2011, 09:20 AM)darkachraf Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, my friend is using a packard bell with 4 gb of ram 2.5 ghz i3 (4cpus) with a ati radeon mobility hd 5470

i3's are 2 cores x 2 threads
Most i7's are 4 cores x 1 thread except the Arrandales.

Don't think Dolphin or any emu's out there has support for 4 cores yet and your clock speed is already slower to begin with.

The early i7's were terrible for emulation.

Intel graphics is not for gaming of any kind. Though it should be enough to play on native resolution.

Your problem is the CPU and RAM. Everyone really needs 4GB today, there isn't much of an excuse not having it.

(08-29-2011, 02:02 AM)Dumachum Wrote: [ -> ]

i3's are 2 cores x 2 threads
Most i7's are 4 cores x 1 thread except the Arrandales.

Don't think Dolphin or any emu's out there has support for 4 cores yet and your clock speed is already slower to begin with.

The early i7's were terrible for emulation.

Intel graphics is not for gaming of any kind. Though it should be enough to play on native resolution.

Your problem is the CPU and RAM. Everyone really needs 4GB today, there isn't much of an excuse not having it.

As we said before, integrated is not enough for native resolution. About the RAM, Dolphin uses very little so in most cases 2GB should actually be enough, so that's not the problem. The CPU is.