Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Suggestion: Load Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Portalboat

I have no idea how difficult this would be, but I'd like to see a 'Load Audio' function similar to the 'Load Textures' one. We already have a 'dump audio' one, and I was a bit surprised that we didn't have load audio function.
That way people could play the game with re-orchestrated tracks or completely different ones if they wanted to. (It would be godly to play Wind Waker with ZREO tracks Big Grin)
No bad idea actually...

If you are able to load custom audio, it may bypass issues from HLE
"Dump Audio" via LLE and "Load Audio" via HLE Big Grin
Well I never tried to dump audio on Dolphin, so I don't know how they do it, but theoretically you don't need emulation to dump game audio, just a way to extract tracks from the iso file and convert, right? Or by dump audio you guys mean record the audio while you play?

And I like this idea ;P good for messin' around
This sounds like a good idea but alot of work cause you would have to dump audio from each game right? which i'm sure the devs wont hv time to do meaning only the more popular games might benefit, unless a tool is somehow made which can automatically dump a game's audio from the iso but i know little about this things so dont know hows thats going to happen, rather we have 100 games with faulty audios than just 20 with perfect audio
music mod guys? Remember jp's commits.

Portalboat

What is the music mod?
This sounds exactly like Music mod which wouldn't work well.

In some games the frequency of the music and effects changes to correlate with what is happening in the game, it wouldn't be possible to autoplay this sequenced music/effects or knowing when to play it. Also the music would be out of sync, even more so than it currently is with HLE audio. It would even be more complicated or just as complicated as fixing bugs with audio emulation. No emulator does this at all, the whole point of emulation is to emulate the hardware as close as possible. It obviously isn't a good idea to make the emulator a hacky mess, at least anymore than it already is.
(08-26-2011, 09:55 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]No emulator does this at all, the whole point of emulation is to emulate the hardware as close as possible. It obviously isn't a good idea to make the emulator a hacky mess, at least anymore than it already is.
i just want to correct you Wink the psp emulator is doing it with something like drm protected audio files which decoding process couldn't be emulated Big Grin

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=1160

Not exactly the same thing. Also GC/Wii audio works differently so something like dumping audio and playing it back wouldn't really work well. And since it is possible to decode GC/Wii audio there is no need to do something like JPCSP.
Pages: 1 2