Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GameCube - Super Mario Sunshine, too bright screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ShadowHMF

First of all hey, im ShadowHMF and im fairly new to this forum and to the GameCube emulator Dolphin...

I recently tried to play Super Mario Sunshine on my Computer with the help of Dolphin, I followed the video guide to configure my settings and continued to configure my controller myself...

I did have a few problems before this but nothing the FAQ and a little search on the forum that couldnt help me trough them, except this problem (maybe I just didnt find the topic, sorry if it already excist)...

The thing is, the game runs really smooth, nothing to worry about the frames nor the sound, but one thing really bothers me... When the game actually starts everything seems to be waaay to bright, its completely fine during the cinematics...

So, I wanted to ask for a bit of advice/help in here =)

My computer specs are:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
GPU: (Primary)NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, (secondary)NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT
RAM: 3x2gb @ 1333mhz

If anything else is needed, such as my configuration in the Emulator, then I do have screenshots ready just tell me if you need them and ill upload them asap..

Thanks for your time =)
Try disabling Anti-aliasing. Just a shot in the dark (or bright, har har... somebody kill me) but personally I have seen AA cause lighting bugs before.
Which revision did you use?

ShadowHMF

(08-25-2011, 06:43 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Which revision did you use?

If by revision you mean what version of the game I have then its the USA version.

And the AA part, well I dont have AA turned on so cant be that?
Thank you very much for the fast answers, appreciate it =)

HEre are some screenshots of my configurations in Dolphin:
[attachment=6554][attachment=6555][attachment=6556][attachment=6557][attachment=6558]

Uncheck Disable Lighting (and Disable Fog, if you care).

ShadowHMF

(08-25-2011, 08:03 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Uncheck Disable Lighting (and Disable Fog, if you care).

Something I did consider doing but didnt because of the configuration tutorial given by the website...

Nonetheless, thank you dear friend for your experienced answer, solved my problem =)
By revision he meant the emulator but in the screenshot you can see it's Dolphin 3.0 which is the most compatible version.

Try unchecking "disable lighting" seen in the fourth screenshot. Also might want to try changing other options in the hacks menu while the game is running and see if it has any effect.

edit: Too late. I'm such a slow writer when I have to think as well.