Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Change resolution through command line?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking for a way to start up Dolphin with different resolution settings from different shortcuts. Basically I need one shortcut to start it up with low-res SD 4:3 settings and one for high-res 16:9. The only two options I really need to be able to configure from a command line are the DX9 resolution and the Wii aspect ratio.

Is this possible right now?
I don't know. I think not but I'm not sure, but I would just copy my Dolphin build, putting it in separate folders, then using different settings for each of them Tongue
It's not a big program Wink
Nope. Guess you'll need to write a script which modifies the configuration files manually each time you're starting Dolphin.
(08-24-2011, 04:52 AM)chinagreenelvis Wrote: [ -> ]Looking for a way to start up Dolphin with different resolution settings from different shortcuts. Basically I need one shortcut to start it up with low-res SD 4:3 settings and one for high-res 16:9. The only two options I really need to be able to configure from a command line are the DX9 resolution and the Wii aspect ratio.

Is this possible right now?

try this.

note: you cannot make a profile without selecting a game to load. so dont set a games path for dolphin if you dont want to load a game with the profile.
(08-24-2011, 06:28 AM)anon4453 Wrote: [ -> ]try this.

That's not what he was looking for at all, since he wants to have the thing automated via shortcuts. Unless I missed something, your application isn't really automated, yet, though.
(08-24-2011, 06:41 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]

That's not what he was looking for at all, since he wants to have the thing automated via shortcuts. Unless I missed something, your application isn't really automated, yet, though.

i know i just want more people to use it.
(08-24-2011, 06:50 AM)anon4453 Wrote: [ -> ]

So you're going to spam your program all around the forum because no one is using it?

(08-24-2011, 06:54 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-24-2011, 06:50 AM)anon4453 Wrote: [ -> ]

So you're going to spam your program all around the forum because no one is using it?

Not really all around the forum now isit.
(08-24-2011, 06:50 AM)anon4453 Wrote: [ -> ]i know i just want more people to use it.

Recommend your program where appropriate, but don't link somewhere and make it seem like it would solve someone's problem when it does not.
Make that your second warning concerning that program :/

And let's get back to topic now, thanks.
Hm. Guess I can just edit the source code to create a second executable that uses a different .ini file for resolution and Wii settings. That way I don't have to continuously copy the saved games between the two versions when I go back and forth. (The low res is for playing on an external tv with friends but the hi-res is for when I just want to use my HD computer monitor.) (I suppose the real solution is to buy a better television...)
Pages: 1 2