Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game hangs, and slow. SVN:7719M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am trying to run Xenoblade chronicles and the game is rather slow (25-30FPS), and hangs a lot.
I do not know if that is a problem with this specific game or a general problem as this is the only game that I own.
Configuration:
Enable Dual core: On
ENable Idle Skipping, On
JIT Recompiler
DSL Emulator
Xaudio2, 48000Hz
===Graphics===
D3D9
Display: 1920x1200
native Internal Res
AA Off
AF: Off
Per-Pixel Lightning: On
3d Vision and Force Texture FIltering On.

======Hacks===
Skip EFB Access from CPU ON
Ignore Format changes: On
EFB copies: Virtual and RAM enabled.
EFB Disabled.
Other: Disabled Per-Pixel Depth and OpenMP Texture decoder checked.
Any assist would be appreciated.
use Dolphin 3.0

other revisions are made for testing purposes, are not considered 'stable' and are not recommended for general use (apart from r6505 and other noted revisions)

or you can do the smart thing and search the forum for the thread dedicated to this game for more info
25-30fps is normal. 25 being regular on the pal release, 30 for the japanese or patched pal release.
(08-24-2011, 01:20 AM)vortextk Wrote: [ -> ]25-30fps is normal. 25 being regular on the pal release, 30 for the japanese or patched pal release.

I tried Dolphin 3 first, hangs as well(with this revision it is actually better).

arn't PAL games suppose to be 50FPS? cause the game is laggy.
No, it's 50hz, and 25 is divided evenly into 50. It could be slow for a number of reasons, but if you see 25frames, that's 100% speed.
(08-24-2011, 02:36 AM)vortextk Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's 50hz, and 25 is divided evenly into 50. It could be slow for a number of reasons, but if you see 25frames, that's 100% speed.

that is oddHuh.
Anyway, what to do (if something can be done) about the actual slowness and hangs?
If you're getting 25fps, that's normal, not odd. Just like any game that runs 30fps in the NTSC version, it would be 25fps in the 50hz pal version. There is a patch to make 100% speed 30fps instead of 25, to make it smoother on 60/120hz displays. If by hangs you mean crashes, nothing you can really do. If by hangs you mean it stops for like 1 second while in battle, continue. The emulator is building the shadercache file and the more fighting you do with new characters, monsters and attacks will eventually stop as that file gets loaded with all the stuff.
(08-24-2011, 02:56 AM)vortextk Wrote: [ -> ]If you're getting 25fps, that's normal, not odd. Just like any game that runs 30fps in the NTSC version, it would be 25fps in the 50hz pal version. There is a patch to make 100% speed 30fps instead of 25, to make it smoother on 60/120hz displays. If by hangs you mean crashes, nothing you can really do. If by hangs you mean it stops for like 1 second while in battle, continue. The emulator is building the shadercache file and the more fighting you do with new characters, monsters and attacks will eventually stop as that file gets loaded with all the stuff.

yes, it just stops. mostly it is indeed for a second, but it can take much more (1 minute is the max I waited before manually closing the emulator.
Lol that's like a crash. As I'm fighting with a new character, or at the beginning of the game, it'll be building up that file with huge lag times in fights, but it cleans up very fast after I kind of go through all the abilities. If it stops for a minute, yeah that's not good. Update drivers, directx, try another revision, not sure.
kk, thanks. everything is updated though. I would wait for the next vr.