Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphics config speedup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Watch the video. As you'll see, when I open the graphics config with Dolphin 3.0 on Windows 64-bit, my fps goes up dramatically compared to when it was not open. Just watch the video and the fps/speed. Please post if someone else can reproduce this. This only seems to happen with Zelda games. Laptop specs in my sig. Be sure to post your PC specs when posting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3liz3Lk6UY

Using fullscreen works for best video viewing.
Yes, this happens to me too. It seems that maybe some of the settings in the graphics configuration aren't really applied until you open the config while emulation is running. Weird.
Please state your specs when posting to this thread, thanks.
Even if that were true, what setting is going to double the game speed?
(08-23-2011, 10:48 AM)[SS] Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Even if that were true, what setting is going to double the game speed?

That's a really good question... Tongue
MMU emulation would do it. Also IR, SSAA, per-pixel lighting all have to potential to halve performance very easily. HLE vs. LLE audio as well. And DC + idle skipping vs. SC without idle skipping. Oh and real xfb. And real efb ram copies instead of virtual (texture). And v-sync or accurate texture cache. Oh and lets not forget ZTP hack for TP as well as some of the other stuff in game properties......yeah.....lots of stuff.
I'm not going to address all of these, but some.

(08-23-2011, 03:32 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]MMU emulation would do it.

MMU has no affect on Zelda games and is not needed. Besides, if a game uses MMU, the option is going to make the game work when it would normally black-screen, it's not about speed.

(08-23-2011, 03:32 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Also IR, SSAA, per-pixel lighting all have to potential to halve performance very easily.

There are no IR or AA settings that are going to magically change on their own.

(08-23-2011, 03:32 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]HLE vs. LLE audio as well.

This speed-up happens with both HLE and LLE, it's just not as noticeable with LLE since LLE is generally slower.

(08-23-2011, 03:32 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]DC + idle skipping vs. SC without idle skipping.

Again, these settings wouldn't change on their own in-game. Dolphin is not going to suddenly disable dual-core while playing a game. In fact, you can't change dual-core or idle skipping options while in a game.

Did we make sure that the game ini wasn't overriding some fancy stuff, SS?
oh i remember some funnny thing in old revisions around 6505
where openning the config tab
fancy graphics removed or activated due to switching settings

black char MH3 as example
it was a to Texture / Ram change
(08-23-2011, 09:17 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]oh i remember some funnny thing in old revisions around 6505
where openning the config tab
fancy graphics removed or activated due to switching settings

black char MH3 as example
it was a to Texture / Ram change

That sounds possible Idea

I have a simular problem, when I start a game (every game?) it is on 1 IR (But I have it set on 0.5) and if I open the GFX config it changes to 0.5 like it is suppose to.
Pages: 1 2