Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tales of Symphonia running slow...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

holytololi

Hello, I'm totally new to this whole emulator thing and need help please, lotz of help...
I've tried changing a lot of the settings and such but its just too much of a headache and I'm getting extremely frustrated. lol

The game runs fine, its just super slow with stuttering audio.

So here are my specs, can some Dolphin genius please help me? Thanks for the help!

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gateway
System Model NV79
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz, 2133 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Gateway V1.05, 1/5/2010
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.68 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.21 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.35 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.61 GB
this is your problem:
Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz

dont expect full speed on all if it isn't about 2.5GHz with a decent GPU

games will run A LOT slower since your laptop also does not have a GPU (i know this because i had the initiative to google your laptop model number to find the proper specs, and considering your laptop has the SLOWEST CPU for its model it means it is the one without a GPU)
Tales of Symphonia needs Low level emulation of sound to make the music perfect.LLE of sound makes it very slow-Without LLE sound ToS runs on very slow CPUs...You have the choose...
The music is pretty terrible without LLE. You can always set music volume to 0 and just play your own music if you are fine with that.