Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin processes in regards to a 1v1 Brawl Match?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tide

Whatsup I was wondering what exactly does Dolphin process during a given brawl match? Lets say it's a 1v1 match 3 stock 8 minute of MK vs Snake on battlefield...does anything irrelevant to that match become obsolete in terms of its processes? That being said I was wondering then if it is possible to compress an iso to single layer to work on dolphin emulator? It'd be really interesting if either of these were a possibility....

I also wanna discuss Dolphin being used in conjunction with a LAN setup and the possibilities and technical difficulties that would have..
(08-22-2011, 02:05 PM)tide Wrote: [ -> ]Whatsup I was wondering what exactly does Dolphin process during a given brawl match?
i would imagine that Dolphin would emulate the processes the Wii would do. Dolphin is an emulator you know

(08-22-2011, 02:05 PM)tide Wrote: [ -> ]Lets say it's a 1v1 match 3 stock 8 minute of MK vs Snake on battlefield...does anything irrelevant to that match become obsolete in terms of its processes?
do you mean parts of the emulation being unnecessary? Dolphin's code not being efficient? the way the game was made results in unnecessary processing?

(08-22-2011, 02:05 PM)tide Wrote: [ -> ]That being said I was wondering then if it is possible to compress an iso to single layer to work on dolphin emulator? It'd be really interesting if either of these were a possibility....
right-click on game -> compress ISO -> save

and why exactly would you need to make Brawl a single layer DVD size when it's run from a hard drive?

(08-22-2011, 02:05 PM)tide Wrote: [ -> ]I also wanna discuss Dolphin being used in conjunction with a LAN setup and the possibilities and technical difficulties that would have..
Tools -> Start NetPlay
read the notes about NetPlay from there
I know that Brawl can be made into a single layer ISO by removing all the cutscenes except for 1. This was done with all the pirated ISOs, so everyone who downloaded Brawl complains that they only see 1 cutscene and blame it on Dolphin. I haven't looked around for how to do that however, but it should just be removing and replacing all the movies.
(08-22-2011, 11:56 PM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]I know that Brawl can be made into a single layer ISO by removing all the cutscenes except for 1. This was done with all the pirated ISOs, so everyone who downloaded Brawl complains that they only see 1 cutscene and blame it on Dolphin. I haven't looked around for how to do that however, but it should just be removing and replacing all the movies.

Not the one i found on Pirate Ba-*shot*
Don't play around here. You WILL get banned.
(08-23-2011, 07:11 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Don't play around here. You WILL get banned.

Alright,i'll stop.