Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there anyway to make Dolphin run full speed on my Mac?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

quackers4crackers

Hi there. I am new to Dolphin and just started using it like, last week. I am sorry if there's already a thread on it. I am new to this forum, as well. I tried to get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom to load on Dolpin and it worked, but the main issue is that it's a bit laggy. I was wondering if there's anyway to make it run full speed as if I were playing it on an actual Wii or am I just SOL? Thanks for the help.
What are your specs and what settings are you running the game at?

quackers4crackers

3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
500GB Serial ATA4; 7200 rpm
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM
3MB shared L2 cache

Most of this is copied and pasted from the Apple website.

Where do I find my settings? I'm using stock settings that came from downloading the emulator, so I didn't touch any of that except the controls.

Sorry. As I said, I am new to this.
(08-20-2011, 12:05 PM)quackers4crackers Wrote: [ -> ]3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
3MB shared L2 cache

Where do I find my settings? I'm using stock settings that came from downloading the emulator, so I didn't touch any of that except the controls.

Which revision did you use? If you use default settings first put FrameLimit Off and Disable Audio Throttle
(08-20-2011, 06:31 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2011, 12:05 PM)quackers4crackers Wrote: [ -> ]3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
3MB shared L2 cache

Which revision did you use? If you use default settings first put FrameLimit Off and Disable Audio Throttle

That GPU is pretty darn weak and is what is bottlenecking your performance.

quackers4crackers

I believe I'm on 7723.

Sorry, I haven't had time to get on a computer until now. Where do I turn off the FrameLimit and Disable Audio Throttle?

If my GPU is weak, does that mean I'm SOL?
(08-25-2011, 09:55 AM)quackers4crackers Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I'm on 7723.

Sorry, I haven't had time to get on a computer until now. Where do I turn off the FrameLimit and Disable Audio Throttle?

Config/General/FrameLimit/Off... DSP/Enable Audio Throttle/Unchecked...

quackers4crackers

(08-25-2011, 06:30 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2011, 09:55 AM)quackers4crackers Wrote: [ -> ]I believe I'm on 7723.

Config/General/FrameLimit/Off... DSP/Enable Audio Throttle/Unchecked...

Thank you. That's a lot better.

Nemesis2k9

(08-20-2011, 09:42 AM)quackers4crackers Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there. I am new to Dolphin and just started using it like, last week. I am sorry if there's already a thread on it. I am new to this forum, as well. I tried to get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom to load on Dolpin and it worked, but the main issue is that it's a bit laggy. I was wondering if there's anyway to make it run full speed as if I were playing it on an actual Wii or am I just SOL? Thanks for the help.

Yeah there is. install windows.
Try to use the jitil experimental recompiled this can give a speed boost but make some games more buggy.