Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Plugins not displaying?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I first downloaded an old version of Dolphin from another mirror, that had issues, and I realised that it was better to just get the latest version from this site, so I did. 64-bit came up with an error message so I downloaded the latest 32-bit model (at the top of the page).

When I go to the config menu to set up the plugins, the first two display a list fine as far as I can tell, giving me 'Dolphin OpenGL' as the only graphics option (fine) and both 'Dolphin DSP-HLE Plugin' and 'Dolphin DSP-HLE Plugin' as the two options under DSP (also fine).

Now this is where it gets a bit odd. While the first two are fine, the latter two lists are blank (under the 'Pad' and 'Wiimote' options.) Wiimote I can pass up since I'm only trying to emulate my Gamecube titles here, but without any way to select a pad system I'm really just out of luck when it comes to controlling anything at all. Can anyone shed light on what's causing the system to not show the options in these lists?

Image: [Image: dolphinwhut.th.jpg]

Edit: Just in case it helps, whenever I try to run a ROM the following error messages display (and of course, the rom doesn't load):
'Error loading Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll: can't read info'
'Can't init any PAD Plugins'
'Couldn't init the core. Check your configuration.'

They all seem to me to point to the initial issue of not detecting the PAD plugins (though they ARE in the plugins folder, I've checked), but maybe they can shed some light.
Update DirectX and install latest VC++ Redistributable
yeh you'll need the very latest DirectX redistributable binaries otherwise you get these kinds of missing plugins errors (that's because the pad and wiimote plugins use DirectInput on windows)

LuisR14

(06-10-2009, 12:09 PM)sl1nk3 Wrote: [ -> ](that's because the pad and wiimote plugins use DirectInput on windows)
and XInput
Thanks, the updates fixed the problem pretty well... however while nJoy now appears for the 'Pad' setting, PadSimple is still absent (which leaves me in a similar position as I have no joystick.)

And just to pre-empt, I don't care how inexpensive joysticks are, I'm incredibly tight on cash at the moment and I really would rather use what I've already got kthx.
nJoy should work with keyboards.
Well I thought that nJoy might accept keyboards, but when I try to configure the pad it just says 'no gamepad detected' in the 'Controller:' dropdown box, and every other option is greyed out so I can't enter in any keyboard keys.
nJoy doesn't work with keyboards
OK, so that goes back to the problem of...why isn't PadSimple even displaying in the list?
Image: [Image: njoywhut.th.jpg]

LuisR14

did you update DirectX?
Pages: 1 2