Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Llano + Dolphin = ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(08-20-2011, 05:32 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2011, 02:36 PM)NotImportnat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm talking aside from Dolphin as well. Though as long as I can play with no choppyness and stuff I'm cool. I don't expect much for $650

buy a rig for $650
and beat the shit out of dolphin...

(08-20-2011, 05:13 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Llano is a joke , even the weak i5 430M could beat it
Cinebench R10 :
_I5 430M : 6299.6
_A8 3500M : 5077.5

try to compare the single thread benchmarks...
AMD is just gay...
there is nothing to add

Cinebench R10: Rendering Single 32Bit
AMD:
min: 1589 avg: 1601 (33%) max: 1613 Points
Intel:
min: 2573 avg: 2736.2 (57%) max: 2953 Points

nearly 50% more single core power?
whats up guys
forget amd as a brand

Lots of AMD haters, well I happen to really like the battery life and AMD at least in my opinion has always won GPU-wise whereas Intel has always, always had better processors.

Either way I'll be buying it and report back on what is what. Thanks for all the help I suppose.
Quote:Lots of AMD haters

Well to be fair all they are doing is presenting statistical facts in an attempt to validate their arguments and convince you of spend your money on something that they feel gives you more for your dollar.

You have to admit that for $650 you can build an intel based desktop that can run virtually any game at fullspeed. That's something you can't say about laptops and something you can't say about current amd cpus, including llano. So to us it makes more sense. Perhaps they were a bit harsh but they really are just trying to help you.

I hate fanboys to some degree but I really don't care what they do as long as they back up their arguments with reliable data.

Quote:well I happen to really like the battery life

You'd be surprised how good the battery life is on sandy bridge mobile chips: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4444/amd-l...a8-3500m/7

Quote:AMD at least in my opinion has always won GPU-wise whereas Intel has always, always had better processors.

Are you comparing amd gpus to intel IGPs or nvidia gpus? You can't compare an igp designed for minimalism against a discrete gpu, it's not a fair comparison. Intel doesn't make what I would consider a true discrete gpu (debatable with sandy bridge) so amds real gpu competition is nvidia. Intel cpu + nvidia gpu vs. AMD cpu/gpu is a more reasonable comparison.

Quote:Either way I'll be buying it and report back on what is what. Thanks for all the help I suppose.

We look forward to the results. More reliable/verifiable data is always a good thing.

You should be more patient and wait for Bulldozer to come out. Maybe AMD will finally wake up.
(08-21-2011, 08:11 PM)DarzgL Wrote: [ -> ]You should be more patient and wait for Bulldozer to come out. Maybe AMD will finally wake up.

when? ivy bridge is on the edge..
amd is still 1-2years behind intel
with 3d tri gates the performance boost with ivy bridge will destroy every bulldozer benchmark
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multigate_d...28Intel.29
just google a little about this master piece of technolgy
(08-21-2011, 10:53 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2011, 08:11 PM)DarzgL Wrote: [ -> ]You should be more patient and wait for Bulldozer to come out. Maybe AMD will finally wake up.

when? ivy bridge is on the edge..
amd is still 1-2years behind intel
with 3d tri gates the performance boost with ivy bridge will destroy every bulldozer benchmark
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multigate_d...28Intel.29
just google a little about this master piece of technolgy

I think we've got a forecaster here Tongue
Let's wait for the actual performance benchmarks, OK ? Then we can talk about who is superior. We'll see if those 3D transistors really create a performance gap.
BTW, Bulldozer will be out in september.
the last time amd was superior to intel was with his amd athlon xp...
thats 6-8 years ago?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LrotDbi3d4
Quote:the last time amd was superior to intel was with his amd athlon xp...
thats 6-8 years ago?

That actually depends on what type of application you were running. Some applications actually ran faster on Prescott/Northwood.

Quote:Maybe AMD will finally wake up.

It has nothing to do with "waking up". AMD has never had access to the same foundries as intel. Intel is always able to fabricate cpus with smaller transistors. AMD is always one generation behind because their fabrication is always one generation behind. When intel was fabricating at 32nm AMD was still fabricating at 45nm, now that amd is moving to 32nm intel is moving to 22nm trigate. They are always one step ahead. It's hard to make a better cpu with inferior fabrication. Global Foundries might finally change that. AMDs ability to design efficient cpus had always been just as good as intels in my opinion, but their foundries keep them a generation behind.
AMD was on top with the Athlon64 until Core2 showed up in '06. Remebers the overclocking Opterons on DFI Lanparty days.
As for waking up there's an old saying, Intel's marketing budget is bigger than AMD's R&D budget. Not sure if its true. The only time in recent history that AMD was making money was when Hector the sector wreckor Ruiz was in charge so its possible.
Pages: 1 2 3