Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: a simple yet extreme way...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

jikit01

Since dolphin emulator is the best emulator i could ever use by playing non-stop without having a SINGLE CRASH in-game till i exit the game.I've been wondering if there is a way to convert "PSP CSO" TO "WII CSO",because dolphin emu is the best emu i could ever found
this is a GameCube/Wii/Triforce emulator, NOT a PSP emulator OR an archive/image manager

how the hell did you miss that?
and what the hell are you talking about?
(08-18-2011, 10:54 PM)jikit01 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been wondering if there is a way to convert "PSP CSO" TO "WII CSO"

lol wut?
Wadda F

^you made me invent that
huh?...c'mon he's a newbie, its his 1st post so please kindly explain the person's mistake...cause i dont wannaBig Grin
Anyway I don't see why a Nintendo emulator would emulate Sony games. I'm not fond of multiple system emulators (except MAME Wink)
I'm assuming that you're referring to the cso format of game images for the PSP, which is a compressed form of your standard ISO image. I'm assuming your asking if this is doable on the Wii, with the purpose of improving performance in the emulator.

With these assumptions in mind, the answer is no. There are tools to remove padding in the game, but not to compress it, so it wont result in faster gameplay. Even if there were, compression would actually slow the game down because your computer would have to un-compress resources on the fly while emulating, an already heavy task. This slowdown can actually be seen in some PSP games in cso format, such as the GTA series.

Edit: Just realized the OP was asking if psp games were playable on Dolphin, not about compression formats. Nope, not possible at all.
(08-19-2011, 01:50 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not fond of multiple system emulators (except MAME Wink)

Retrocopy!