Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Potential suggestion for feature addition (any dev input would be great)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was just thinking after having looked at the PCSX2 interface for PS2 emulation, and was curious if this would be possible.

PCSX2 has a feature that essentially has a "slider" that allows for overall setting changes to the emulator to go between "safe" and "performance" optimized settings.

Being that Dolphin becomes more and more complicated with almost every major release its possible that for people who will eventually want to just pick up the emulator and play (and maybe even high end users) would benefit from this.

A slider for this could have a global effect on all settings in the emulator that the devs deem necessary for it to work.

Something like this:
----O----O----O----O-----
Safest Emulation | Safe | Mixed | Fast | Fastest Emulation

Any input? Huh
There are no varying degrees of settings that could fit into all of those categories. For example, EFB copy to RAM is accurate, EFB copy to texture is fast. It's either accurate or fast, there is nothing in-between there. In my opinion Dolphin is easy enough to configure already, people just need to know how to read.
I actually like this idea (which is rare as far as user suggestions goes). However I would only use it for the video backend settings, which a lot of noobs get confused with.

The simplest way to implement it (in my opinion) would be to add a Fast == Balanced == Accurate == Manual slider at the top of the graphics settings panel where manual allows you to manually adjust the options. I would wait until the switch to qtgui before implementing it though.
Yeah. A slider that adjusted Internal Resolution and AA combined would be good for noobs with slow graphics cards.
I agree with SS. People should read the config guides. It's not that complicated.

Besides, even if there were an option like this, there would be a game where a certain setting would cause problems, confusing people if they selected accurate, and that's just an example of one possible situation..
Yeah, I've thought about making something like this. A few of the other devs also think it would be a good idea.

Star this issue:

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=3374
Oh, well thats excellent... I guess it was already started in an issue.

In regards to the previous comments made in this thread, its true that it might be more useful for the GPU settings... but i'll be interested to see if this is included (possibly in time for 4.0?)

Thanks for the input...