Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FZero GX Unplayable on new PC build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
System specs:
Windows 7 64bits
Core i7 2600k @4.5Ghz
NVIDIA GTX560ti
G.Skill 8Gb DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz CAS7

Windows Experience Index
CPU 7.8
RAM 7.9
Graphics 7.8
Game graphics 7.8
Hard Drive 6.3

Press Start menu ~18-28 fps
Main menu 60fps
Select cup menu 60fps
Car selection screen ~3-6 fps
Course menu 60 fps
Machine settings menu 60 fps
Mute City intro ~13-60 fps
Actual race with AI's ~7 fps
Actual race without AI's 59-60 fps with slowdowns to 30 fps

Everything with 1x native resolution, no anti-alias, no anisotropic filtering.

This is the only game which has slow fps, all the other games (including SMG) give me ~30 fps and 56-60 fps with 2.5x native resolution, 4x SSAA and 16x anisotropic.

Do you know what's going on and what can I do to improve my FZero GX speed?

Thanks!
Anyone?
HURRRRR

you tried using Dolphin 3.0?
(08-16-2011, 08:05 PM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]HURRRRR

you tried using Dolphin 3.0?
Yeah, I've tried several revisions and settings but nothing works...
i know this is one of the most demanding GC games but i have no idea why it would run that slow on your system, sorry
Bump.

Please help, this is the ONLY Gamecube AND Wii game I have I can't play, even Super Mario Galaxy runs smoothly at 56 and 60fps with 2.5x scale and 4x SSAA.
I have the exact same problem. Intel i7 processor, Radeon HD 5800 series, 12 GB ram, latest revision (v 3.0-201-dirty at time of writing) and every other game plays virtually seamlessly. My FPS matches original post exactly. Game is unplayable.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!
Have you tried the suggested configuration given here?
(11-20-2011, 05:13 AM)Hes Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the suggested configuration given here?

Tried toggling "Skip EFB Access from CPU", no difference
Haven't tried EFB copies to RAM because it decreases speed in other games ...just tried it now, no difference (same FPS)
Haven't tried with OpenGL, I always use D11 ...tried it now, resulted in minor increase in FPS on car select and race but still unplayable. Also crashed Dolphin when I pressed ESC
Tried toggling "Enable Progressive Scan" as well, no change.

The specific issue mentioned here isn't listed on the wiki page either.

No worries, it's not life-threatening Tongue but if there's a fix, it'd be cool to find out. I love this game Sad
Use an older revision from before the the major fifo changes. Try 6505 and 6075.
Pages: 1 2