Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Binding Dolphin to 2 cores Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried using imagecfg to bind Dolphin to my first 2 cores using the command line
  • imagecfg -a 0x05 (Also tried 0x5) "C:\Games\Emulators\GameCube\Dolphin 3.0 x64\Dolphin.exe"

which would have binded it to physical cores 1 and 2 (identified as CPU0 (0x1) and CPU2 (0x4)on here), only to get the error message

"IMAGECFG: Unable to update configuration information in image."

Any reason why?
Maybe you need to enable "lock threads to cores" in Dolphin.
The reason I asked really, is because between the quad core and the hyperthreading, Dolphin is using all -8- cores when running
(08-14-2011, 03:39 AM)LReyomeXX Wrote: [ -> ]The reason I asked really, is because between the quad core and the hyperthreading, Dolphin is using all -8- cores when running

But they don't use them at their full capacity ? I mean, when you look at the performance monitor while playing, it doesn't indicate 100% on all cores, does it ?
Quote:The reason I asked really, is because between the quad core and the hyperthreading, Dolphin is using all -8- cores when running

It jumps from thread to thread. Dolphin only uses two threads at a time but only for a few nanoseconds at a time. Task manager shows you the AVERAGE usage of each thread over a much longer period of time.