Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: question about wide-screen hack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello folks,

i have a question about widescreen hack, is it possible to create a second widescreen option,
where displayed things are not streched to widescreen (like HP or lifes)? this would cure MANY reflection and shadow issues
No.
1)WTF
2)NOBig Grin
Well, what he actually means is too only render inside the 4:3 Ratio, but without those stripes, youn can clearly see this in the game Super Smash Bros. Melee, that textures get stretched, and i'm pretty sure, he meant he wants an option where the textures don't get stretched...

That's what he meant (apparently)
(08-14-2011, 05:51 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Well, what he actually means is too only render inside the 4:3 Ratio, but without those stripes, youn can clearly see this in the game Super Smash Bros. Melee, that textures get stretched, and i'm pretty sure, he meant he wants an option where the textures don't get stretched...

That's what he meant (apparently)

exactly ! Wink

like it is in project64 (nintendo 64 emulator)
It's possible.....
(08-15-2011, 06:32 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible.....

well then, i hope it's coming up soon .. can't wait to play super mario sunshine in true 16:9
(08-15-2011, 06:32 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible.....

And probably causes hell lot of graphical glitches and you would feel like going back to 4:3 Tongue
The widescreen hack on ortho projections is possible.
It looks like crap for every game I tried.
Too many games use special effect crap which don't look right with the hack. (including super mario sunshine)

It's possible more hacks specific to SMS could be done to detect HUD drawing vs. effects drawing.
But no one is going to figure out such hacks that would only work for one game.
Can anybody tell me where the widescreen hack is in the source ?
Pages: 1 2