Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey guys.
are these specs good to run dolphin on full speed?
intel core i7 2600
6144 mb
amd radeon 6570.

thanks
Probably. The best thing to do is try it out for yourself.
(08-13-2011, 04:09 PM)JesusJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Probably. The best thing to do is try it out for yourself.

thanks for your fast respond, but i need to buy the pc first, i need a pc and im checking if its good for dolphin.

bboyfrost

yes it is
That cpu is pretty much highend for dolphin but will it run all the games full speed, no. If you overclock 4.5ghz+ it then most games will run fullspeed or close to it. Any given 2600k would usually clock at least that much with decent cooling. Not too sure if that gpu will do well with higher resolutions tho.
But before you buy, are you building it yourself? If you are, get a 2500k instead of the 2600. When overclocked, it works much better with Dolphin.
(08-14-2011, 12:20 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]But before you buy, are you building it yourself? If you are, get a 2500k instead of the 2600. When overclocked, it works much better with Dolphin.

and what do you think of a 2600k?
and is there a guide for overclocking somewhere for noobs because the only thing i ever overclocked is my smwartphone xd.
Not worth it for Dolphin, so save the $100 and use it on a better GPU or something. It helps, but very few games actually need it.
The only advantage an i7 2600 has over an i5 2500 is hyperthreading support, which Dolphin doesn't use at all. So unless you're using some professional software like Photoshop, 3DS Max and such, you should get an i5 2500k. Once overclocked (you can get it to run at more than 5 GHz (!!!) if you have a very good CPU cooler), you'll be able to run almost every game at full speed with LLE audio.
BTW get only 4 Gb of RAM, 6 Gb are useless. And you should get a better video card (something like a HD6850).
(08-14-2011, 03:43 AM)DarzgL Wrote: [ -> ]The only advantage an i7 2600 has over an i5 2500 is hyperthreading support, which Dolphin doesn't use at all. So unless you're using some professional software like Photoshop, 3DS Max and such, you should get an i5 2500k. Once overclocked (you can get it to run at more than 5 GHz (!!!) if you have a very good CPU cooler), you'll be able to run almost every game at full speed with LLE audio.
BTW get only 4 Gb of RAM, 6 Gb are useless. And you should get a better video card (something like a HD6850).

do you know a site where you can cheap build your own pc?
Pages: 1 2