Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pretty big drop in IQ since "Internal resolution" modification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are a few examples of how games look worse since this option when running at 1080p. The two versions used to compare were and 3329 and 3377. Both have 16x AF, 8x AA and Bi/Triliniar filtering enabled. Images are in .png format so as to have minimal compression artifacts - sorry for the big file sizes.

Undecided

[Image: oldpcq.png] 3329

[Image: newd.png] 3377

[Image: olda.png] 3329

[Image: newq.png] 3377

[Image: oldajg.png] 3329

[Image: newb.png]
(06-09-2009, 06:36 PM)rene mauricio Wrote: [ -> ]Here are a few examples of how games look worse since this option when running at 1080p. The two versions used to compare were and 3329 and 3377. Both have 16x AF, 8x AA and Bi/Triliniar filtering enabled. Images are in .png format so as to have minimal compression artifacts - sorry for the big file sizes.

Undecided

Can you post a picture of your settings?
I sure can. I hope this helps.
(06-09-2009, 09:22 PM)rene mauricio Wrote: [ -> ]I sure can. I hope this helps.

Is that a fullscreen screenshot ?
It might be that the way we handle fullscreen resolution hasn't been changed yet...
i'm pretty sure i wrote it to switch back and forth the two resolutions mode, but has we don't have them anymore, and as it hasn't been changed it might be still using the old res setting Dodgy
Yes it was full screen when playing games. I will grab a fresh compile in a little bit and test it in a 1080 window.
It works right as rain now. Both in full screen and in windowed mode. Big Grin