Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What is the focus of the project?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My machine until it is good to run a few games, but has games that I thought would run perfectly, but do not run, or stay with very low FPS, I wonder if the project focus is to always have an updated machine, or programmers try to include the older machines have been run perfectly the game?

I use linux.

Linux arch 3.0-bfs #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Aug 12 01:39:23 BRT 2011 x86_64 Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux Nvidia 9300M gs 512, RAM: 4GB

I know that OpenGL is a little slow, but would like to see more improvements to linux and a version that contains a good setup, even if he does something more automatic for computers as a "hardware recognition" and leave according to the hardware would run.

att: Willian Holtz
Hardware recognition isn't really possible. To implement a hardware recognition system for the settings you'd have to be able to predict the requirements for particular games, and with the games being for two consoles and varying wildly amongst themselves..
Also there's always something more pressing to be worked on, like squashing all the bugs that cause the emulator to crash.
1- Emulation will not get as hardware light as most people want
2- sometimes yes they will choose accuracy instead of performance
3- A lot of devs dont really care about who uses the emulator, they have several reasons for being on an emulator project. I said a lot not all. And personally I dont think they are wrong, they do this for free, they do it how they want.

Whatever their focus is, it isn't pleasing the average noob, this one should use their console.
the focus i would imagine is to create an emulator that is as accurate as possible. if your computer cannot handle the requirements then....

Deal with it.
Yeah but optimizations (not magic, just the real thing) are also part of any good computer program
(08-13-2011, 09:05 AM)silveruniverse Wrote: [ -> ]the focus i would imagine is to create an emulator that is as accurate as possible. if your computer cannot handle the requirements then....

Deal with it.

Pretty much.

hmm ... I've been researching and saw that my machine runs quiet several games, though the windows, I do not use windows and linux but wait until it comes out a better fix openGL or more compatibility between games and OpenGL mode, since most run on Direct 3D. Good but I'm satisfied with what is running ..

hint: who uses linux and have problems like me .. I managed to solve some problems in my case increased between 5 ~ 10 FPS, then who has nvidia card just add these options in your linux Xorg:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
BoardName "GeForce 9300M GS"
Option "XvmcUsesTextures" "true"
Option "TripleBuffer" "false"
Option "IndirectMemoryAccess" "true"
Option "AllowUnofficialGLXProtocol" "true"
Option "NoFlip" "true"
EndSection

I hope it helps those who walk by searching for an improvement in linux, and developers to a double in the service of linux with the emulator ...