Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sonic Unleashed; Shake for Sonic Boost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TSBroich

First time poster here. First off, I just have to say that I am in love with this emulator. It runs all of my GC/Wii games flawlessly. The wiimote emulation seems to work as well, except for one little detail:

I cannot shake properly while playing Sonic Unleashed.

I'm playing the first level here. "Shaking" the wiimote enables you to do the homing attack, light dash, and the Sonic boost. I can emulate shaking the wiimote with my controller to do the homing attack and the light dash.
But when I try to do the Sonic boost, it does not work when I am on the ground. It ONLY works when I am in the air. Why would the shake function to do a Sonic Boost not work when I am running, and only work when I am in the air after a jump?

Any help would be most appreciated.
If anything about my post was not clear, and you need some clarification, please let me know. I would just really like to get some help on the topic.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration in answering my question.

Travis
(08-12-2011, 07:04 PM)TSBroich Wrote: [ -> ]First time poster here. First off, I just have to say that I am in love with this emulator. It runs all of my GC/Wii games flawlessly. The wiimote emulation seems to work as well, except for one little detail:

I'm playing the first level here. "Shaking" the wiimote enables you to do the homing attack, light dash, and the Sonic boost. I can emulate shaking the wiimote with my controller to do the homing attack and the light dash.
But when I try to do the Sonic boost, it does not work when I am on the ground. It ONLY works when I am in the air. Why would the shake function to do a Sonic Boost not work when I am running, and only work when I am in the air after a jump?

If anything about my post was not clear, and you need some clarification, please let me know. I would just really like to get some help on the topic.

Travis

Switch to gamecube controls in the options menus?
(08-12-2011, 08:12 PM)Ness Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2011, 07:04 PM)TSBroich Wrote: [ -> ]First time poster here. First off, I just have to say that I am in love with this emulator. It runs all of my GC/Wii games flawlessly. The wiimote emulation seems to work as well, except for one little detail:

Travis

Switch to gamecube controls in the options menus?

I have this problem too, but I didn't know you can use a CG controller, are you sure?

TSBroich

(08-12-2011, 08:12 PM)Ness Wrote: [ -> ]Switch to gamecube controls in the options menus?
Ness,

No way..
How could I have been so blind?
The answer was right there in the in-game options, yet I never saw it! <facepalm>
Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction!
I can fully enjoy this great game now.

(08-12-2011, 11:37 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I have this problem too, but I didn't know you can use a CG controller, are you sure?
Hello ExtremeDude2,

Yes, I can confirm that this works 100%. (I just tested it)

Once in Sonic Unleashed, go to "Options", then select "Controller Settings", then finally, select "Nintendo Gamecube Controller."
This fixed the problem for me, and the controls are working just fine (particularly the Sonic Boost).

Hooray!
[color=#0000CD]A few more tips[/color] Wink
After skipping the "wii-remote" tips-screen (just after the game starts), you can also disconnect the emulated, or real wiimote. When using a GC controller, the wiimote is no longer required in-game. I think this is possible by pressing the F1 key (I've changed it to the "(1/!)") to disconnect and reconnect the wiimote without using the home menu.
Also, if you use a controller, which supports rumbling, it's highly recommended you continue using the emulated GC controller, because even though the classic controller has the "home" button and with the left stick you can move the cursor in the home and wii menu, it can't rumble.