Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hey everyone.......its been a while since i posted here!!......... im looking into building a new pc.. and i want the best.. pc system.. that can run...dolphin at full speeds.. so i was wondering if u can give me.. specs on the best board.. memory.. processor...graphics card.....etc!! and site where i can get it for a reasonable price!! ...

thank you!!

By the way my specs for now are:CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads
CPU PSN : AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+
CPU EXT : MMX(+), 3DNow!(+), SSE (1, 2, 3), x86-64, AMD-V
CPUID : F.B.2 / Extended : F.6B
CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 64 / 2 x 64 KB - L2 : 2 x 512 KB
Core : Brisbane (65 nm) / Stepping : BH-G2
Freq : 2693.58 MHz (199.52 * 13.5)
MB Brand : ECS
MB Model : GeForce7050M-M
NB : NVIDIA nForce 560 rev A2
SB : NVIDIA nForce 630a rev A2
GPU Type : NVIDIA GeForce 7050 PV / NVIDIA nForce 630a
GPU Clocks : Core 425 MHz / RAM 100 MHz
DirectX Version : 9.0c
RAM : 2048 MB DDR2 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 299.3 MHz (Unknown) @ 5-5-5-15
Slot 1 : 1024MB (6400)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Kreton Corp.
Slot 2 : 1024MB (5300)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : PQI CORP.

US based? Newegg.com is pretty much the best site. Budget matters a lot, but your starting off point for dolphin is a high end processor, build around that. Optimal while not totally super expensive is an i-2500k processor(k series for overclocking) with a nice fan for it to overclock. Pair that with regular and cheaper parts, middle of the road graphics card, and you'd be set. If you have a better budget go for nicer parts and a higher end graphics card for regular pc gaming.

I would suggest other sites or guides for specific parts, just something more PC heavy though there are probably enough people here, there will just be better and more info elsewhere. However budget, first and foremost, is most important for anyone to really get a good read on what you should get.
Right now a great build for emulation would be a 2500K coupled with something like a 2GB 6950

Good sites for building are Newegg and Tiger Direct. You might be able to find good deals on Superbiiz too. I bought an SSD there for $205 months ago and that same SSD is $225 right now on Newegg (it was $240 back then)
Microcenter has the 2500k for 179.99 in the US, so consider that too. Thats $40 off newegg.
hey guys thanks... just one question!!! even doh..im a amd guy is there any amd processor that can match the 2500k in performance..and emulations. for (high end games and emulating) .. seein how i never really liked intel..that much....... and if there isnt!!.... i will have 2 get that 2500k then..!
by the way i'll be shipping seeing im ordering it from the caribbean(trinidad) exact!
If you feel like waiting for AMD's Bulldozer there will probably be a good rival to the 2500K, but right now there's nothing. Clock for clock it's over 30% faster than the 955 BE.
...And with reduced power consumption.
2 solutions :
.Get a 2500k
.Or wait for Bulldozer to come out (and hope AMD hasn't f***ed it up).
thanks... im really holding excited by the bulldozer!! processor...but just one thing.....will there be a motherboard that is compatible with the am3/am3+/fmx socket and the new processor socket coming out next year...which is amd fm2 ...
on the processor i have made my mind up on getting it!!!!
What's your price range?
My budget will be around lets say.. $800 us!!
if i can get high end parts for lest! which brings my 800 us down.. i would appreciate it!
Pages: 1 2 3