Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Speedup[?] on my quad core machine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I wanted to share something with you guys, before starting off, my specs are:

Windows 7 enterprise (64 bit)
Intel Core i7 CPU 2.13GHZ (4CPUs)
2048 MB RAM
DirectX11
Graphics card: INTEL HD Graphics (760 mb)

as you see i got 4 cores, but with a low 2.13GHZ speed, and dolphin supports only up to 2 cores.
What i did was download speedfan, i saw that 2 of my cores were unused by my PC.
So i started up dolphin , Opened task manager (ctrl+alt+delete) , went to processes. Found dolphin.exe , right click , set priority to high, and assigned to let it run only on those 2 unused cores, and started game booster. Now its running 3x faster now.

I'm not responsible of any damage done to your computer.
I'm not saying you guys should try this, i'm just sharing this with you guys.
please comment.
game booster is lame. The other things you did are doing the job...
So anyone with a quad core machine could use this 'Tutorial' ?
(08-11-2011, 10:58 AM)darkachraf Wrote: [ -> ]So anyone with a quad core machine could use this 'Tutorial' ?
i have an i5-460m it doesen`t work, if i use only 2 cores it slows down like hell
With an i7 you would probably be better of just letting it use turbo boost.

It's an intel only feature that speeds up two of your CPU cores when you're running heavy CPU load tasks that don't make full use of all four cores.
all gamebooster does is disable background tasks, can cause issues later on
So does this work or not?
No. Something must have been wrong with his initial setup/settings to get that kind of a speedup from doing this.