Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best settings for Zelda Wind Waker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there,

first of all, I'd like to say I know I don't have super fast computer with superior Intel Sandy Bridge i7 CPU; but I think I should be able to play Wind Waker on stable 30 FPS, with no major dropdowns.

My current specs are:
  • AMD Phenom II X4 955 (standard 3.2GHz)
  • nVidia 550 GTX Ti GPU (1GB)
  • 4GB RAM
  • 7200 RPM Caviar Black HDD

The thing is -- I can't find optimal settings for Dolphin (latest revision to the date -- 7695) for Windows 7 x64. Searching trough older posts isn't probably the best thing, because from what I've seen, features/hacks get broken and repaired and refactored and stuff all the time.

I have tried DX11 and DX9 plugins, and both were giving me similar performance (although emu says DX9 should give more FPS).

So; could anyone here share some really good settings for Wind Waker? (or for every game on dolphin?) That site on wiki didn't really help.

P.S. Will I be able to run that game in 1920x1200 (well ... 1600x1200) fullscreen without blury distant things? Because IMHO making texture 2.5 native has to significantly affect performance. But maybe less than native + anti-aliasing? :/

And ... thanks in advance for every helpful answer.