Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Error: Direct3D device creation failed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello first off i'll just point out i'm new to this emulator.
I tried to run an Iso File for mario party 4 (my disc is scratched all to hell.) and i get the error message: "Direct3D device creation Failed!"
I checked all my settings, did the Direct 3D tests in dxdiag, searched the web to see if someone else has had this problem and have found nothing.

My computer shouldn't be a problem, it can run most any game fine (cept crysis, but who can am i rite?) anyone able to point me in the right direction?

quick Update: it turns out it wouldn't boot it cause antiailiasing was at X6 multisampling, anything below that it'll boot, but the graphics are not very good, lots of static screens flashing between what it should be showing.
The new direct 3d plugin doesn't work right, you would either need to get the old one or use the opengl one. Use the opengl one if you can because it's much better.
thanks i came to find out i had the older version of dolphin, but i got the latest one and got it working, now i just have to figure out how to get games to not run slow, i read the sticky but there's not much beyond what it says that i can figure out myself, but i got a few iso files to fiddle with, heres hopin i can get it workin! Big Grin