Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: specs :/ :?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me which game I can get like good fps on with these specs in my sig... I tried pokemon xd and got crappy laggy fps

(fps: 11-15 mainly. 7-9 once and a while. speed: 48-50% mainly and sometimes around 34%) and wanted to know if there where any other games out there like this, or that run faster...

I just want to know if my comp is any good :/
Try with GC games Super Smash Bros for example
Settings?
Overclock your processor. Core 2 series are very good at that.
(08-12-2011, 09:16 AM)DarzgL Wrote: [ -> ]Overclock your processor. Core 2 series are very good at that.

I Was thinking about that, but I am afraid I will fry my CPU, if you want go to google and look up the Antec 900 gaming case. That's what I have my mother board and Cpu inside of.

I really Just do not want to over heat my cpu : My family would kill me hehehe Tongue :O

my cpu has the standard cpu fan that came with the intel core 2 duo E4600 @ 2.40GHz.
I use default factory cooling (Intel Cooler) and thermal compound : Artic Cooling MX2
My PC has worked for 2 years , no heat problem
Your CPU won't get much hotter if all you do is increase the BCLK and not the vcore. Anyway your PC right now isn't that terrible. I'm guessing you're just using teh wrong settings or revision for that game. If you OC to something like 3.2GHz though you'd be a lot better off
(08-12-2011, 07:30 PM)synce Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU won't get much hotter if all you do is increase the BCLK and not the vcore. Anyway your PC right now isn't that terrible. I'm guessing you're just using teh wrong settings or revision for that game. If you OC to something like 3.2GHz though you'd be a lot better off

nice to know, not sure how to change the BCLK but I heard if i changed the BCLK I would have to change the vcore? I guess I may be wrong. I have yet yo find any detailed posts on da internet about oc my cpu.

If you want to know what motherboard I have I can tell you that. I may end up buying a quad core anyways for other purposes.
If you need helping getting there, try the overclock.net forums, they're very active. But regarding vcore, you usually don't have to increase it for a mild OC. In fact you might even be able to decrease it from factory settings and still run stable.