Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pokemon Xd gale of darkness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently dl the new revision (7695), and the game works, however it seems to lagg, and I Was wondering what the best settings to make it have less lagg?

as you can see my specs should be enough to get full fsp, I seen people on youtube with full fps of this game, but i cant get it :/
any help ?
Did you try on 3.0?
(08-10-2011, 06:38 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try on 3.0?

yes I did and I got the same results, slowed down game and lagg :/

any suggestions Tongue
Try to disable Dual Core to skip lags but your game will be slow...
(08-10-2011, 06:55 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Try to disable Dual Core to skip lags but your game will be slow...

oh so that's the only thing you can say :/ well thanks ill do so.
Damasta, post your settings, that way we will have something to work with. I think the given solutions are a bit half-hearted.
(08-10-2011, 08:15 PM)DarkSharingan Wrote: [ -> ]Damasta, post your settings, that way we will have something to work with. I think the given solutions are a bit half-hearted.

okay, her they are...

[color=#FF0000]for dolphin 3.0: in config (Basic) I have enable duel core and idle skipping, in config (Advanced) jit recompiler (recomended). I have lock threads to core off and force ntsc-j off[/color]

[color=#0000CD]under audio I have, DSP HLE (fast) and enable DTK Music.[/color]

[color=#FF1493]Under Graphics, I have backend , Direct3d9 with my nvidia as my adapter, with full scree set to 640x480, aspect set to auto, v-sync on.

under enhancements for graphics I have 4xssa and 2x aa with scaled efb copy and force texture filtering, under hacks I have skip EFB access from cpu and ignore format changes.[/color]

[color=#FFA500]Under Hacks I have efb copies, I have ram, enable cache.
then under texture cache set to fast
then for EFB I have it set to virtual.
for other, I have fast mipmaps, disable per-pixel depth, cache display list, disable fog, open mp texture decoder checked.
[/color]
sorry for no screen shots, it did not cross my mind at the time.

The advanced tab has nothing checked.

[color=#32CD32]its petty much the same for the V7695 except for the texture cache speed, fast mipmaps, scaled efb copy and force texture filtering BECAUSE there are NO OPTIONS for those in the v7695 revision.
[/color]
Hop this helps
Good, now we are getting somewhere, here we go:

For now, change the folowing in version 3.0. If your not happy with the speed i suggest switching to R6515, as that's supposedly 1 of the fastest builds ever made.

1. Turn off V-sync. I know that this helps reduce tearing, but (and this is just according to the description) it will (further) decrease perfermance speed of the game if your not already running it fullspeed. Your saying the game is slow and laggy, so your obviously not running fullspeed.

2. Disable force texture filtering. Once your done testing the speed difference (when youve made all the changes im describing), you can just turn this back on IF turning it off had no effect. I don't know fore sure.

3. Set efb to texture, unless you know that there are certain in-game effect that require efb to ram.

4. Disable External Frame buffer.

Hope this helps, just let me know if you need more help
6515 was a little faster but it has text glitches :/ not to hard to deal with Tongue