Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] dolphin r7695M HELP !!(monster hunter 3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

HùnterLife41

First of all, hello to all the Dolphin community Big Grin

===>[I'm using Dolphin r7695M]
So... i download dolphin just to play monster hunter 3 tri- !!
but it runs too slow ! about 40-50% speed !
even that my laptop can run most of now games such as assassin creed 1&2+dead space....

I don't know all my laptop info but here it is : I'm on windows 7 64bits+Intel® Core™2 Duo T6670 @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz+5Gb RAM
(it looks like a bad graphic card but as i said it run game really well !! Its magic xD )

so is there anything i can do to run it to 90-100% speed or something
========>plzzz help I'm a fan of MH since the very first begining
Your system is slow for Wii games you can't get full speed

HùnterLife41

well that's the quetion !! why can it run other games fast but not dolphin's...isn't there any config that i can apply to get it faster??!!!
PC Games are natively x86 or x64 Code, which is what normal PC use...

Now, Dolphin does emulate the games....
Let's say you read a native book, after reading, you know what happened in there, etc, etc...
Now, read a book in a language you don't know.
You lookup Google-Translate, put the words in, and then you understand it...
This is time consuming....

Dolphin does it kinda like this, except all the Code (In the example Google) was written by the devs.
Of course, not everything is implemented yet, so Dolphin can crash, etc.
For Dolphin CPU is more important than GPU so if you got "small" system it's more annoying than if you got "small" card

HùnterLife41

....I have x64 but it never crashed . anyway
what i wanted to know is : "is there a perfect config for this emu?"
i really have to get this plz !!
(08-09-2011, 06:16 PM)HùnterLife41 Wrote: [ -> ]what i wanted to know is : "is there a perfect config for this emu?"

No, there isn't...

HùnterLife41

damn !! u r useless
Look at "Performance Guide"
There's alot of processing overhead for converting the gamecube/wii system operations into something that your computer can acctualy execute.

Your computer basicly has to fake being a wii, translate the commands it gets sent into native x86/x64 and then do all the standard tasks a game requires on top of that.

This is why you need an incredibly powerful PC to play rather simple Gamecube or wii games.

However, here are two quick settings changes that will help your framerate:

Right click the game in the rom browser -> Properties. Untick MMU.
Open graphics config -> Hacks. Untick RAM under EFB copies

With those settings I get full speed most of the time at 1920x1080. Keep in mind that you cant expect a perfect experience and this will break certain other games, mario galaxy being one of the ones I know of.