Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version:     [ Direct 9 Vs Direct 11 ]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello on my cpu i playing zelda... that i obtain only 24 fps in direct 9 or 18 fps in directx 11.
Click here to view screen capture

My setthings:
800x600, disabled fog, not aa, not enhancements, anisotropic to 1x
EFB: check vitual and check ram
External frame: check virtual
check disabled fog
Check OpenMP.

The question is: All new version developers optimized only directx 11... changes for directx 9 not occurs.
Because i obtain only 18 fps on directx 11 ? how do for obtain more fps ?
Ver thanks you.

AMD x2 64 bits 2.9 Mhz, 2gb ram, Win 7 64 bits, ati 4670 1Gb ddr3.
uncheck efb to ram
(08-09-2011, 01:57 PM)meforero Wrote: [ -> ]All new version developers optimized only directx 11...

That's just plain wrong.
Quote:All new version developers optimized only directx 11...

But....will it blend ?

Quote:That's just plain wrong.
Yup, that's what i'd say too...
The OP maybe is some kind of noob, that doesn't check the Changes when saying that it was optimized for DX11....

I said maybe Big Grin

EDIT: Yo Warnings , come to me
I was, however, surprised that in the meantime (while I was mostly using DX9), DX11 seems to have caught up with DX9 speedwise. Mario Kart Wii is even faster for me with DX11 Smile
Yeah, although I'm not sure if it's due to improvements to the D3D11 backend or due to performance regressions in D3D9 :/
*g* yeah, that might very well be. BTW has Nolan stopped progressing on the texture decoder?
Quote:Yeah, although I'm not sure if it's due to improvements to the D3D11 backend or due to performance regressions in D3D9 :/

Technically it's both but it's more of the second.
Don't forget that D3D11 probably has received some slowdown with the new texcache as well Wink

By the way, I wonder how texcache-rewrite compares to 3.0 with the safest texture cache enabled, it really should be about the same or even faster with that, while providing about the same functionality.

Illuminante11

Not to compare/start something, but in PCSX2, the playstation 2 emulator, D3D11 (DX11) is faster than DX9; on that emulator, its faster, more reliable, and just better if you GPU can support it.

From what I am hearing from this thread and from research, it seems that DX9 is faster/better than DX11.

Is this true, and why?
Pages: 1 2