Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: List of "per game" ini settings [OUTDATED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all,

Some of you may already know this but for those of you who dont. There is a number of per game ini options that do not show in the per game UI. These options can make life a lot easier if you need to keep changing settings per game.

Thanks to Neobrain for pointing these out for me I have compiled a list that you can use:

[Video_Hardware]
Sync

[Video_Settings]
wideScreenHack
AspectRatio
Crop
UseXFB
UseRealXFB
DLOptimize
HiresTextures
AnaglyphStereo
AnaglyphStereoSeparation
AnaglyphFocalAngle
EnablePixelLighting
EnablePerPixelDepth
MSAA
EFBScale
DstAlphaPass
DisableLighting
DisableTexturing
DisableFog
EnableOpenCL
OMPDecoder

[Video_Enhancements]
ForceFiltering
MaxAnisotropy
PostProcessingShader
Enable3dVision

[Video_Hacks]
EFBAccessEnable
DlistCachingEnable
EFBCopyEnable
EFBCopyRAMEnable
EFBCopyVirtualEnable
EFBEmulateFormatChanges

[Video]
ProjectionHack
PH_SZNear
PH_SZFar
PH_ExtraParam
PH_ZNear
PH_ZFar
ZTPSpeedupHack

[Core]
CPUThread
SkipIdle
MMU
BAT
TLBHack
VBeam
FastDiscSpeed
BlockMerging
DSPHLE

[Display]
ProgressiveScan

[Wii]
Widescreen
DisableWiimoteSpeaker

[EmuState]
EmulationStateId
EmuState

They are split into sections for a reason. If the game ini does not have a section labelled in square brackets you must add it. Each option needs some sort of flag setting after it. As a general rule of thumb, if the option would normally be a tick box you will use true/false and if it is a drop down box you normally use a number to represent each option.

I am afraid i dont know all of the different types so you shall have to use trial and error if an option is not working for you.

e.g.
[Video_Settings]
wideScreenHack = True

If anyone is aware of any other options not listed above can you add them to this thread.

Thanks.
Forgot to mention one thing. When changing the ini file you must leave an empty line at the end of the file. If you do not it will delete the last line.

I assume this is done so that the program knows where the EOF is.
Thank you. Very helpful

zeroblackwolf

two questions.

1. Is there an app that would give us a list of options and set it to the settings we pick?
It would work like this.
  • pick you game ( ciso, iso etc) it reads the image pulls out number used for the game aka the name of the .ini {ex: SMNE01 for new super mairo bro.}
  • next it give you all the settings you can pick from kinda like the ones you see in the gui plus the ones that are missing.
  • then after you set your settings it saves this .ini to a folder for safe keeping.
  • next it ask you if you would like to copy this .ini to you dolphin dir. you then give it dolphins root locations.

2. is there some way to set in the per game ini that you want to use dx9,dx11, opengl ?

Thanks for your time.
(10-26-2011, 02:32 PM)zeroblackwolf Wrote: [ -> ]two questions.

1. Is there an app that would give us a list of options and set it to the settings we pick?
It would work like this.
  • pick you game ( ciso, iso etc) it reads the image pulls out number used for the game aka the name of the .ini {ex: SMNE01 for new super mairo bro.}
  • next it give you all the settings you can pick from kinda like the ones you see in the gui plus the ones that are missing.
  • then after you set your settings it saves this .ini to a folder for safe keeping.
  • next it ask you if you would like to copy this .ini to you dolphin dir. you then give it dolphins root locations.

2. is there some way to set in the per game ini that you want to use dx9,dx11, opengl ?

Thanks for your time.

No. But if you want "per game" settings you can use the prog in my sig (it saves settings for other emu's too)
This is outdated. Anyone interested in more up to date information should check http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...ig.cpp#120 .

(02-04-2012, 09:26 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]This is outdated. Anyone interested in more up to date information should check http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...ig.cpp#120 .

I do care. Good to know! Thanks!
However the lack of updates:
[Core]

[Display]

[Wii]

[EmuState]

[Audio]

Etc...

Thanks!
How do I disable Scaled EFB Copy using this method. New Super Mario Bros has a glitch and I need to disable SEFBC.
Is there a way to set the system language to Japanese in game.ini (required by Tales of Graces)?
Pages: 1 2