Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem running any game, good computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Benkei123

Hey guys, I've had Dolphin for awhile but never really used it, but today I wanted to try a it some. Whanever I wanna try play some games, for example Soul Calibur II, Double Dash or Smash Melee, they all lag. Soul Calibur is worst and nearly unplayable and the other two also run at about 40fps and sometimes drops even lower...
What am I doing wrong here? Am I misisng something? :/
I've tried using Dolphin 3.0 aswell as Dolphin r790m, both with the same issue.
And also tried following a guide here with "general configuration" that din't help much tho..

Here's my specs:

MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80GHz 4 cores 8 threads
6,00 GB RAM DDR3 @ 539MHz
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 1024 MB

Whats wrong? Sad

Edit: Also might want to add that I'm having similair problems with PS2 games & other 3d emulator games.
Overclock to at least 3.8GHZ, else no...
That should play some of those games. You should post your settings or try using the settings on the wiki for those games individually.
(08-07-2011, 05:00 AM)Benkei123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I've had Dolphin for awhile but never really used it, but today I wanted to try a it some. Whanever I wanna try play some games, for example Soul Calibur II, Double Dash or Smash Melee, they all lag. Soul Calibur is worst and nearly unplayable and the other two also run at about 40fps and sometimes drops even lower...
What am I doing wrong here? Am I misisng something? :/
I've tried using Dolphin 3.0 aswell as Dolphin r790m, both with the same issue.
And also tried following a guide here with "general configuration" that din't help much tho..

Here's my specs:

MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80GHz 4 cores 8 threads
6,00 GB RAM DDR3 @ 539MHz
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series 1024 MB

Whats wrong? Sad

Edit: Also might want to add that I'm having similair problems with PS2 games & other 3d emulator games.

Confirm your ram specs.
Increase your clock speed if possible 3.8 and up prefered
on the GameCube games, go to the properties tab by right clicking your mouse on the highlighted game in your menu. and Check MMU Speedhack, and check increase disk transfer speed. leave all other boxes blue

Benkei123

(08-07-2011, 05:40 AM)Trunk8 Wrote: [ -> ]Confirm your ram specs.
Increase your clock speed if possible 3.8 and up prefered
on the GameCube games, go to the properties tab by right clicking your mouse on the highlighted game in your menu. and Check MMU Speedhack, and check increase disk transfer speed. leave all other boxes blue
Here's my ram:
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/8027/datram.jpg

I'll also consider overclocking.

Also, I thought my comp would be good enough to run these emulators easily... guess I was wrong tho lol Tongue
But it's weird cause I see these guys on youtube that can play any gc game flawlessly with specs like Quad 2.83 GHz and 512Mb gfx memory.

How come? Is my comp way worse than I think it is?
40 fps isn't that bad, BUT do you have opengl on?
I'll echo earlier thoughts, you need to post all of your settings.

Benkei123

Ok sorry for the late reply, I'm using these settings atm http://oi51.tinypic.com/1427x2h.jpg , but I usually change them bak n forth to find whats best, altho it hardly makes any difference..
Also, not 100% sure about the OpenGL thing.. where can I see if I've enabled this? Tongue
I think wolfy is asking if your using the OpenGL backend, which your not, your using the Direct3D9 backend, and that is fine. Now, i have never played any of those games, so i can only give you some generel help. Obviously, you should make sure you are running as few programs as possible when using Dolphin, so that other programs won't take up CPU usage. As for your settings, try turning of "limit by fps" and disable "lock threads to cores".
Your PC is pretty good, however to unleash the whole power of the i7, you have to overclock it to at least 3.8GHZ.

I have one myself, and overclocked it to 4.2GHZ.
With 2GHZ it was ass-slow...