Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin and sli
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

snowboard71

hello,im changing my video card but first i need an information.is dolphin sli compatible? may i use 2 gtx 460 in sli with dolphin? im asking because i use 3d vision option and the fps go down and i cant play any games...so if i change my 8800 ultra with 2 gtx 460 i think isa good idea..someone help me pleaseSad
No, pretty sure no sli or crossfire(atleast no crossfire, my setup) and 1 460 should be more than enough unless you have a super huge resolution(past 1080p) or multiple monitors. The graphics card requirements are very low, the processor requirement is very high.
Multi GPU isn't a good idea. If you play in big resolutions (at least 1080p) and want to use the 3D Vision, you should get a GTX560Ti.
i use 1280x720 as output res and 2x native res with 3d and experience no fps drop, the 3d in some of this wii games looks incredibly good. it does not use multigpu and it does not use much of the gpu either. mine goes bout 7-10 degree up when playing galaxy 2 in 3d.
if I understand correctly, the Dolphin emulator does not take into account the SLI
WHY????? Don't respond to old threads.
Yeah, SLI dosent support dolphin
And probably never.
Yo, I've said this before, but just a friendly reminder. If I see anyone responding to a bump with only "why did you post in such an old thread" I'm considering that off-topic talk (since it really has nothing to do with anything). If you say something to that effect and make a comment that's relevant to the discussion, no worries. Like I said, just a friendly reminder.

SLI and Crossfire, as mentioned earlier in this thread, would pretty much be overkill if it were supported. A single decent mid-range card like my GTX 550 Ti is able to handle resolutions up to 4x IR.
Quote:Yo, I've said this before, but just a friendly reminder. If I see anyone responding to a bump with only "why did you post in such an old thread" I'm considering that off-topic talk (since it really has nothing to do with anything). If you say something to that effect and make a comment that's relevant to the discussion, no worries. Like I said, just a friendly reminder.

Whoops, I've never heard that one before.

*on topic*

SLI would only be useful for 4x IR + 9x SSAA, but by the time it is implemented high end single-card systems will be able to do this. That's my view on it at least.
Pages: 1 2