Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to configure Dolphin r7688M to get proper performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Akiyoru

First of all, these are the specs of my PC:

Processor: Intel Core i5 2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 1000 (GT1)
RAM: 4GB DDR3
MainBoard: Intel DH67BL
HardDrive: 1TB

Ok now, I've trying to find out how to configurate the latest version of the emulator but all I can find are guides for the old one, I tried to follow them because any game I played was running at 30%-40% speed and it was hell slow... but after I tried with several guides meant to configure the performance, speeds btw 20%-30% is what I got as result...

I hope someone here can help me and provide me with a guide for the Dolphin r7688M because the configuration options and the order of them have changed since the previous versions...

This is what I have so far:

Config Section:

General:

(x) Enable Dual Core
(x) Enable Idle Skipping
( ) Enable Cheats

Framelimit (Auto) Limit by FPS ( )

---Advance settings---

CPU Emulator Engine (JIT Recompiler)

( ) Lock Threads to Cores
( ) Force Console as NTSC-J

Interface:

( ) Confirm on Stop
(x) Use Panic Handlers

Audio

(x) DSP HLE emulation

(x) Enable DTK Music
( ) DSP LLE on thread
(x) Enable Audio Throttle
( ) Dump Audio

Audio Backend (Dsound)
Sample Rate (48000Hz)

Volume: 100%

Graphics Section:

General:

Backend (Direct3D9)
Adapter (Intel HD Graphics Family)

Fullscreen resolution (1920x1080)
Aspect Ratio (Auto)

( ) V-Sync
( ) Use Fullscreen

( ) Show FPS
( ) Auto adjust window size
( ) Hide mouse cursor
(x) Render to Main Window

Enhancements

Internal Resolution (Auto [multiple of 640x528])
Anti-Aliasing (None)
Anisotropic Filtering (1x)
( ) Per-Pixel Lighting
( ) Force Texture Filtering
( ) 3D Vision

Hacks

( ) Skip EFB Access from CPU
(x) Ignore Format Changes

EFB Copies - ( ) Disable
(x) Virtual
(x) RAM

External Frame Buffer - (x) Disable

( ) Cache Display Lists
(x) Disable Lighting
(x) Disable Fog
(x) Disable Per-Pixel Depth
( ) Skip Dist. Alpha Pass
( ) OpenCL Texture Decoder
( ) OpenMP Texture Decoder

Advanced
None Checked

Thanks in advance
I want to point out the obvious macro issues, I know you want to focus on the micro issues Wink

1. Your graphics adapter will possibly work with that CPU, but my experience is that it will be too slow. Wii Sports Bowling I cite as my example, it wont' reach 60FPS and will more likely be 38 to 45 FPS.

2. Make sure you try Dolphin 3.0. I find the textcache-rewrite REALLY slows things down. Wii Sports Bowling is running 40% slower for me on R7689 vs 3.0 release. I'm just giving out the information, I'm not trying to be critical of the ongoing development process in this post...
Put FrameLimit Off and disable Audio Throttle
And after you do the nice Dodgy suggestions above, remember to disable efb copies to ram, and set internal resolution to native 1x or close to help your internal gpu to cope with the burden, Enable Lighting and Fog, or if you are bored use one of the builds in my sig with default settings Wink.

Quote:2. Make sure you try Dolphin 3.0. I find the textcache-rewrite REALLY slows things down. Wii Sports Bowling is running 40% slower for me on R7689 vs 3.0 release. I'm just giving out the information, I'm not trying to be critical of the ongoing development process in this post...
Just disable efb copies to ram, a default setting changed and you are wrong that it is slower.

Akiyoru

thanks for the help!

Link to the past I ended up using one of your configs from ur sig, it works perfectly! Thanks a lot!

Now, I tried to use the very same dolphin I used on my PC (the one from LInk's sig) on my brother's PC and it gives me this error when I try to run any game.

[attachment=6477]