Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Does Dolphin run well on linux? (Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm downloading ubuntu 8.10 64-bit now for use on my D-drive, will Dolphin run much faster than Vista 32-bit you think? I have no experience with linux at all, lol. Is it anything at all like windows?
Specs: Core2Duo E8400 3,0 Ghz; 4Gb RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260; WinVista 32 Bit, 2x 465 GB hard drives
i have fedora linux with dolphin. it is about 20% slower for me :/ i have both vista and xp, they are about the same. the real factors are cpu and graphic card and memory dependant.
Running through Wine will help.
it doesn't run, nosound :/ wine won't run anything well that requires directx runtimes.
Hm slower is not good :/ What your specs lanny? Anyway since I'm going up to 64-bit and can use all 4GB ram I hope to at least gain some... if it's not helping for dolphin at least I'll get some experience with it.
i have 2 units almost the same spec at winxp pro and linux fedora9. it is running slower under linux.
(03-29-2009, 01:59 AM)lannyboy Wrote: [ -> ]it doesn't run, nosound :/ wine won't run anything well that requires directx runtimes.

Thanks for complaining. I just know that wine runs Windows programs. But I saw people with Wine playing Dolphin Huh
no suprise the dolphin window will popup. but it'll never run any game.
(03-29-2009, 02:01 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-29-2009, 01:59 AM)lannyboy Wrote: [ -> ]it doesn't run, nosound :/ wine won't run anything well that requires directx runtimes.

Thanks for complaining. I just know that wine runs Windows programs. But I saw people with Wine playing Dolphin Huh

on my linux box (opensuse 64 bit with kernel recompiled at 1000 Hz plus latest wine) dolphin works quite well under wine
it is also very fast and sound works where it should (e.g. super smash bros gamecube version, wii sports, wario shake it)
but there are two main problems
first the wiimote is not recognized, even if you have a bluetooth dongle installed
and in things like wii sports, at first the wiimote is perfectly emulated with the mouse, but then when the gameplay starts the mouse stops working.
However the wiimote emulation via the mouse works fine in super mario galaxy.

If anyone would be able to make the wiimote work under wine it would be a perfect temporary solution for linux and mac users imo.
lol. sms is running with sounds? you're kind of joking.
ah, my mistake it isn't sms. it is super smash bros Smile
anyhow, i never run any dolphin game successfully at my wine.
Pages: 1 2 3