Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Several problems with dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ang3l

Hi,

first my pc specs (maybe this is necessary for someone):
- Intel i7 2600k (not oc)
- Geforce GTX 580
- 16 GB ddr3 ram
- ssd harddisk (500mb/470mb read/write)
- windows 7 hp x64 sp1 (original with all updates)

When i run the latest svn release:
- dx11/dx9 won't run properly (standard settings but the resolution is set to maximum)
> no face's on mii's
- opgl runs perfectly with openmp/opencl in all games with fullspeed but dolphin will close after several minutes with a windows error message report

When i run the latest stable (3.0):
- dx11/dx9 same problems like in the latest svn release
- opgl runs perfectly without any crashes

I've seen this attitude on all my iso's.
Is there a way to post/support the dolphin developer's with crash-reports?
Windows will close dolphin with the message "trying to find a solution" and i can't see any error messages Sad

My first mind was, "the new i7 is to fast?" so i lowered my clock of every cpu to 3ghz by multiplier. but this still did not get the result i expected.
All other progams / games runs stable so it seems to be a software problem inside of dolphin.

Does anyone have suggestions or advices?

regards

ps:
if this can still help you, i'm a software engineer and i've the newest original vs to build/test.
Install the latest graphics card drivers (I have the same GPU and don't have these problems Tongue)

Ang3l

(07-29-2011, 06:26 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Install the latest graphics card drivers (I have the same GPU and don't have these problems Tongue)

I have already the latest graphic card driver (275.33) from the nvidia.com website Sad
Hm...

What doesn't run properly with DX ?

Ang3l

(07-29-2011, 06:50 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]Hm...

What doesn't run properly with DX ?

If you play games like wii-party, your selected mii doesn't have a face... just a head without eyes, nose and a mouth.
In some other kind of games i've a lot of texture failures... and some games doesn't start properly, i can hear the sound but still see a black screen.
Switching/playing with the gfx settings doesn't bring any playable solution Sad

And i've the problem that some textures in dx9/dx11 are wishy and heavy blurred that u must guess what there is displayed...
I'm using the standard nvidia settings in my drivers (let the application choose).

ps: maybe it will be better/more clear to post some setting-screenshots when i'm back at home. actually i'm @work.
Faceless Miis are a common problem with Dolphin and seem to happen randomly. Do they really make a difference?
Hm, wasnt that fixed with those texcache-rewrites !?