Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 3.0 r7683 running rather slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

R1p3r

Hello.I am sure you are bored with these question allrdy but please spear a minute or two to answer my query.As the title of this threads suggests i am using Dolphin 3.0 r 7683 version,now i do own two game roms for it,namely Legend of Zelda Wind Walker and Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.The problem is that the games are running from full speed (100 % speed ,FPS 27-30,VPS from 55-60) to a rather low speed (34-48% speed,FPS 13-16,VPS 35-40).Judging by the posted system regs,my pc should be capable to run Dolphin normaly.The PC setup is :
CPU AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4400 +2.29 GHz
RAM:3 GB DDR2 kingston
GPU:Nvidia GeForce GT 240

Dolphin config is as following :
Enabled Dual Core
Enabled Idle Skipping
JIT Recomplier checked
Interface:
Use panic handlers checked
Theme Boomy
Audio:
DSP HLE emulation checked
Enabled Audio Throttle
Gamecube:
Skip BIOS checked
Wii:
Use EuRGB60 Mode (PAL 60) checked

Graphics config :
General tab:
Backend:OpenGL
Display:Fullscreen resolution 1920x1080
Aspect ratio:Auto
Other: Render to Main window checked

Enhancements tab:
Iternal resolution is set to :1xNative (650x528)
Anti-Aliasing:None
Antistropic Filltering:1x
Post processing effect:off
Force Texture Filtering checked

Hacks tab:
Ignore Format Changes checked
EFB Copies Both Virtual and Ram checked
External Frame Buffer disabled
Other:Everything checked exept Skip Dest Alpha Pass

Advanced tab:
Nothing checked

Well thats it,i hope you managed to survive this wall of text,and i do hope to hear from you very soon,thanks.Shy

Your CPU is not strong enough to run those games at full speed at all times.

R1p3r

Thanks for a speedy reply.Makes me wonder thou, what kind of a monster maschine dose one need to have to run the games on full speed all the time?
Quote:what kind of a monster maschine dose one need to have to run the games on full speed all the time?

I think your standards are a bit lower than what you'll find around here. By our standards that cpu is total garbage. It would have been considered great by 2005 standards but in the year 2011 you can purchase a cpu that will run dolphin 4 times that fast on a modest budget, 6 times as fast on a high budget.
Haha, I have a rig with the 4400+, the only thing working fine on it is Brawl... as long as your character is the only animated thing displayed lol.