Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Old dolphin user, new build.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, long story short, I had an old crappy alienware m11x w/1.7 Ghz core duo. I got it to play gamecube games at 22 FPS with every shortcut known to gaming. Now I'm bulding my own lappy w/ SB i7 2.2 Ghz CPU and 560M Nvidia Graphics. What should I be able to expect from this new setup in terms of emulation?
Pretty much everything except Hyrule Field at fullspeed, and SMG2 with LLE. You are gonna have the same CPU as me with better graphics right?
Yep, and my ram runs a t the highest possible frequency too :p . All in a 15" setup w/ dual fans and heatsinks. This computer is gonna be my baby, soon as the last part arrives on tuesday...
Sounds good. The most important part is keeping it cool. Turbo-boost can't do anything if the CPU's too hot.
(07-25-2011, 06:47 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good. The most important part is keeping it cool. Turbo-boost can't do anything if the CPU's too hot.

MX-4 thermal paste; I got the temps covered.