Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PErfect system for dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If dolphin only uses 2 core why it doenst runs well on core 2 duos or core 2 quad? i dont get it

mods here recomends i7 or i5?
Cause they're slow, with lower caches and older architectures. And other cores are helping for any other possible crap your computer is running even if the emulator isn't using it.
do you run dolphin for wii game on that built?
I have yet to run many. Okami kind of sucked, but it seemingly has problems anyway. Sonic colors runs really good. Madworld was not good, again it sounds like it's not running great universally. Kirby's epic yarn can run well, drops some when there's a lot of yarn effects on screen, the kind from enemies etc. Rabbids go home ran terrible. The first trauma center seems great. Like 90% of the gamecube games I've tested are near perfect however.

Some of those might be better if I switch revisions or start tweaking with settings a lot, but the ones that were "meh" I haven't bothered with much. I don't think I'll get much more out of them and if I have to run the game at like native res without AA(which usually doesn't help that much if it's drastically slowed down anyway), I would just play them on my wii for 100% accuracy and regular speed. I found out about this emulator after just completing muramasa a little bit ago and I don't think I would've even bothered for that game, it still looks gorgeous on my 1080p set.