Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WindWaker Saves Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mach Falcon

Hello !

Dunno if there's a post about this bug (because I haven't found it) but I got some issues when I want to play Wind Waker.

The emulator ask me to format the memcard but it says that it cannot do it and stands in infinite loops where I cannot begin the game without making a memcard.

Do someone have an idea about this and how to resolve this too ?
Thanks in advance.
What revision are you using? I've never heard of this problem before. Try to use another GC game to format the memory card.
If you don't have any previous savegames that you wish to keep, you can try to delete the files in the User/GC folder and see what happens. You can backup those files just in case.

Mach Falcon

I'm using the last rev available on the website (7671).
About this problem, I've seen on the board many topics about it but no solutions.

I'll try your idea kernel, thanks.

[EDIT] Sorry kernel, your idea isn't working cause I'm issuing the same problem after few tries, but I'll try with another game (like SSBM or something like that)

Mach Falcon

Resolved !

The trick is to make & format a memory card using another game (I used SSBM) and now saves works perfectly (but still a backup will be useful is case of)

Thanks anyway Smile
Good. Don't use r7671. It's not a very good revision so find someone who is compiling revs past 7671 (like ExtremeDude2), do it yourself, or use 3.0.