Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PERFECT SETTINGS FOR SONIC COLORS 720P
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
here is the video with the specs in the description.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdzTrkPt8LA
add some views people Big Grin xD

for dolphin 3.0:
use direct3d9
internal resolution 2x
skip efb access to cpu
EFB copies to TEXTURE not ram
ignore format changes
Disable frame buffer
texture cache second from the right
Fast mipmaps
Disable per pixel depth
Open MP texture decoder.

Config:
lock threads to cores,
enable dual core
enable idle skipping

If you are using the revision 7669 for the internal resolution upgrades like me then use the same settings EXCEPT use opengl instead of direct 3d9.

VERY IMPORTANT SETTING: right click sonic colors and click properties. then put a check mark on accurate VBeam emulation. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

I will be posting more vids on how well laptops can run games of dolphin so stay tuned xD
Yea! Thanks to you I can boot it now Big Grin
your welcome! Big Grin

ill be posting more vids so stay tuned ok? Tongue
Do you know which of these settings improves speed ?
and which of them improves or degrades graphic quality ?

Thanks a lot, I've got a faster desktop PC than yours but could'nt achieve 30+ fps all the time... till now !

I'm a bit noob with dolphin but is it possible to define settings per game ? like in a .ini file ?

So it's not needed to have a dolphin folder for each iso ? (well except if a specific revision is needed).

lol these settings are used to make this game run perfectly and not a SINGLE graphica; error. trust me i played through 3 zones. no problems so no worries. If your CPU, and GPU are better than mine (most likely they are since im using mobile stuff lol) than you can increase the internal resolution to 3x or 4x. i personally keep it on 2x or 2.5x because it looks perfect.

Im not really sure if there are graphics settings profiles. i asked the same question and nobody told me anything T.T
(07-20-2011, 12:24 AM)Solarsonic Wrote: [ -> ]VERY IMPORTANT SETTING: right click sonic colors and click properties. then put a check mark on accurate VBeam emulation. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

Important as it may be, for some reason my computer cuts the FPS of the whole game in half.
Meaning, I get 30 FPS during cutscenes, and 15 FPS during Gameplay.

Is frameskipping on? Emulation > Frameskipping.

HaLLiS

thanks! i get crackly sound now for some reason though
No frameskipping is not on. i also didnt put that on the settings to be used....so weird question huh?
@ Toshiaka your gonna have to post your specs and revision your using for anyone to come up with a solution. as with the settings use everything i said to use.
By use i mean put a tick on the settings
(07-20-2011, 06:50 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Is frameskipping on? Emulation > Frameskipping.

Frameskipping is at 0

Solarsonic Wrote:No frameskipping is not on. i also didnt put that on the settings to be used....so weird question huh?
@ Toshiaka your gonna have to post your specs and revision your using for anyone to come up with a solution. as with the settings use everything i said to use.
By use i mean put a tick on the settings
I tick the setting and it cuts the FPS in half. I would normally get 60 FPS in cutscenes and 23-24 FPS in game.

I am using Revision 3.0 64-Bit
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2GHz
GPU: Radeon HD 6870 1GB DDR5
RAM: 6 GB
Pages: 1 2 3 4