Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unexplained Emulator Slowdowns... Suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've got a pretty high end PC, nVidia GTX 560 Ti (1gb), AMD Phenom II x4 965 (3.4mhz) and my damn games keep slowing down on me and fluctuating speed between 80-100% while nothing in the environment is changing. It is extremely aggravating as sometimes things run perfectly smoothly at 100% (an unwavering 100%, that is) and others I can't enjoy my games.

I'm trying to play through twilight princess for gc right now and unfortunately cannot fully enjoy it. I'm almost considering throwing it into my gamecube or wii, but the loss of 1080p may kill me a little inside.

Help would be much appreciated.

All details I can think of as being possibly important:
GPU: nVidia GTX 560 Ti (1gb)
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 (3.4mhz)
RAM: 8gb dual channel
Revision/Version: 3.0 and latest - r7671
-All settings for games are at their safest, best options based on the wiki and forums
-When I watch my GPU and CPU on meters while my game is running, neither of them are maxed out -- I don't mean to insult or sound ungrateful, but are these plugins just not written well enough for consistent emulation?

Thanks for your time, potential respondents.
(07-14-2011, 05:30 PM)theWolfMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I've got a pretty high end PC, nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1gb), AMD Phenom II x4 965 (3.4mhz) and my damn games keep slowing down on me and fluctuating speed between 80-100% while nothing in the environment is changing. It is extremely aggravating as sometimes things run perfectly smoothly at 100% (an unwavering 100%, that is) and others I can't enjoy my games.

I'm trying to play through twilight princess for gc right now and unfortunately cannot fully enjoy it. I'm almost considering throwing it into my gamecube or wii, but the loss of 1080p may kill me a little inside.

Help would be much appreciated.

All details I can think of as being possibly important:
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1gb)
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 (3.4mhz)
Revision/Version: 3.0 and latest - r7671
-All settings for games are at their safest, best options based on the wiki and forums
-When I watch my GPU and CPU on meters while my game is running, neither of them are maxed out -- I don't mean to insult or sound ungrateful, but are these plugins just not written well enough for consistent emulation?

Thanks for your time, potential respondents.

Which fps do you get?
And what's more important, what settings are you using?
I get 30fps at 100% on twilight princess for gc. I use D3D 11 (have tried d3d9 and opengl too), scaled efb copy, per pixel lighting, 3x native res, no anti-aliasing, 1x anisotropic filt, efb copies ram (cache enabled), accuracy 1 level away from fast, fast mipmaps, disable per pixel depth, openmp texture decoder, dual core, idle skipping, limit by fps 60 frames, jit recompiler,
dsp hle emulation.

I've tried lots of settings and those seem to be the most logical.
(07-15-2011, 05:09 AM)theWolfMonkey Wrote: [ -> ]I get 30fps at 100% on twilight princess for gc. I use D3D 11 (have tried d3d9 and opengl too), scaled efb copy, per pixel lighting, 3x native res, no anti-aliasing, 1x anisotropic filt, efb copies ram (cache enabled), accuracy 1 level away from fast, fast mipmaps, disable per pixel depth, openmp texture decoder, dual core, idle skipping, limit by fps 60 frames, jit recompiler,
dsp hle emulation.

I've tried lots of settings and those seem to be the most logical.

It's normal you won't get more
I have this issue too. Not only in Twilight Princess... EVERY game has that issue. Older builds didn't do this, but the recent ones just keep doing it for whatever reason. It's strange... if a game capped at 60 fps, than it's go down to 30, than a minute later go up 60, than some time after it goes down to 30 again... it's like some kind of cycle. Doesn't matter where you stand, the background, the effects... sometimes 60, sometimes 30. If game is capped at 30fps, than it's 15. Same things as above. It's annoying as hell.