Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dump textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does this help with the speed performance? I'm curious.

How would dumping textures to disk in ANY way speed up emulation? That's like asking if the FPS display speeds up emulation...
Oh. Sorry then?
Speaking of Dump textures, I advised another chap in a thread to turn it off.
There's just no way it ever could speed up anything.
Wouldn't it even tend to speed down?
(07-13-2011, 01:30 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't it even tend to speed down?

I can by 99.9999999999% safety say no to that question.
I think it's only logical, the word dump isn't something I associate with speed up in games.
You can dump a lot of thing in games, such as textures in this case and slower is a word I feel more comfortable with in this case.
(07-13-2011, 01:34 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2011, 01:30 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't it even tend to speed down?

I think it's only logical, the word dump isn't something I associate with speed up in games.
You can dump a lot of thing in games, such as textures in this case and slower is a word I feel more comfortable with in this case.

That's what I meant Tongue I suppose increasing textures causes higher performance demand...
(07-13-2011, 01:45 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2011, 01:34 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]

That's what I meant Tongue I suppose increasing textures causes higher performance demand...

Sorry man, my head is tired at the moment.