Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

glenb83

Hi all, Im very new to this and apologise in advance if my question has already been answered....

I purchased an aftermarket wiimote from ebay, but Im having some troubles getting it to work with Dolphin. I am running Windows 7 64bit and Dolphin r7671. I am using Windows bluetooth stack and the bluetooth from my motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro.

The bluetooth stack picked up the controller straight away with no problems as - Nintendo RVL-CNT-01. I then go into Dolphin, go into the wiimote section, and can get it to pair no problem (tried as wiimote 1 and wiimote 2, havent tried as 3 or 4 yet but dont see the point). It says 1 wiimote connected and vibrates if I hit refresh.

I then try to load Mario Kart Wii (the only game I have) and most of the time the wiimote does not work even though the light on the wiimote is still solid. Sometimes I can press A on it to get to the menu then it stops working (but pressing x on the keyboard will respond), other times I can get to licence selection then I get an error saying it has lost communication and to press A. This is the furthest I have gotten after about 20 tries.

Im wondering if this is a problem with the aftermarket wiimote? I have brand new AA alkaline batteries in the wiimote.

I would really like to get this working if you can give me any advice or if you need any more info please let me know!

irrealist

im struggling with my wii mote as well only simple games like wii resort work well. I have to press ALT f5 really often to reconnect my wii to the game...