Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: will this alienware M14X work with dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i am getting an alienware M14X i have been looking at other peoples cpu specs and have been looking at the forms so far i think these specs will work with my laptop

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i7 2720QM 2.2GHz (3.3GHz w/Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz (think i need 8GB of ram but thats going to make me pay 200$ more)
1.5GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M using NVIDIA Optimus™ technology
500GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s
14.0" High Def+ (900p/1600x900) with WLED backlight
please tell me if this is the best specs (btw i have not buyed it yet)
i also need to know if super mario galaxy and super mario galaxy 2 works also
(07-12-2011, 05:55 PM)rajwii64 Wrote: [ -> ]i am getting an alienware M14X i have been looking at other peoples cpu specs and have been looking at the forms so far i think these specs will work with my laptop

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i7 2720QM 2.2GHz (3.3GHz w/Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
4GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz (think i need 8GB of ram but thats going to make me pay 200$ more)
1.5GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M using NVIDIA Optimus™ technology
500GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s
14.0" High Def+ (900p/1600x900) with WLED backlight
please tell me if this is the best specs (btw i have not buyed it yet)
i also need to know if super mario galaxy and super mario galaxy 2 works also

I don't recommend anything that's related to AlienWare.
Read this:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=5975

And the title made me confused for your thread "my alienware" then I saw at the bottom (btw i have not buyed it yet)
ya but that post is old they make better alienwares now with better graphic chips and processers so far i have been reading posts and i found out the processer is very good it goes up to 2.2 with turbo boost up to 3.3 and the graphics are better as well to but if there are other better computers please tell me i will buy the best one that works with dolphin emulator it sould be at least 1500$ or lower
i also changed the title thanks for telling me about the error i made
Though I might not like AlienWare, the specs looks totally alright and trust me you don't need more then 4GB of ram, I only use 4GB for my desktop.
thanks for telling me that i'am hoping for more people to tell me if this is good and will it work with most games
Sure thing, and to be honest I think it would play the games real decently.
thanks for telling me that i'am might get this computer
I will follow Gabriel Belmont it's a good choice but the price could be discouraging...
If your not in love with the Alienware design (who is) you should get an XPS at same specs from Dell for a lot cheaper. The only real difference is what it looks like, but it's much cheaper.
Just speced out an Alienware and XPS 15, XPS mostly better specs and $200 cheaper.
or buy a normal computer system...
halfs the price... doubles the power
the saved money can be used in a smaller notebook...
Pages: 1 2